Descripción del Trabajo
Represent the quality function of technical support, in conjunction with other internal support groups, regarding issues affecting manufacturing on global customer accounts. Serve as liaison between Jabil Circuit and suppliers or customers on global quality related issues.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES include the following. Other duties may be assigned.
· Develop and maintain QA plans and timeliness of global new product introductions utilizing Advanced Product Quality Planning and Process Optimization specific to the customer.
· Provide support for all quoting activities by participation in initial process design, development, and implementation phases.
· Evaluate and provide input to inspection processes via inspection aids and instruction guidelines.
· Support all global training programs specific to their customer by development and implementation of specialized training sessions for all applicable functions.
· Develop appropriate systems for document storage, access and review pertaining to global customer accounts.
· Review all supplies, internal, and customer discrepancies, coordinate and track the effectiveness of corrective/proactive action efforts.
· Conduct periodic review and maintenance of all documentation files; develop appropriate systems for document storage and access.
· Review all supplier or customer discrepancies. Coordinate and track the corrective/preventative action effort.
· Participate in the vendor survey activities as applicable. Drive proactive participation with suppliers and (when possible) aid in their process improvement efforts.
· Interface with all departments as applied to the Policies and Procedures.
· Provide insight and assistance of implementing and maintaining Process Improvement and Optimization concentrating on proactive methodologies.
· Assist in driving the standardization of manufacturing processes of global customer accounts.
· Interface and provide technical support on quality issues with the customer as needed.
· Adhere to all safety and health rules and regulations associated with this position and as directed by supervisor.
· Comply and follow all procedures within the company security policy.
Bachelor's degree required and five years related experience; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
· Knowledge of statistical methods and their application to a manufacturing process
· Knowledge of quality theory and practices
· Knowledge of surface mount technology assembly processes, methods and equipment
preferred, but not required
· ASQ certification (CQE, CQA, CQT) desired
· Advanced PC skills, including training and knowledge of Jabil’s software packages
· Excellent verbal and written communication skills required
· Ability to speak effectively before groups of customers or employees of organization
· Advanced reading, writing, and math skills required
· Experience in productivity improvement required
· Strong knowledge of statistical methods and their application to a manufacturing process
· Strong analytical, interpretive, and problem-solving skills required
• Ability to write routine reports and correspondence
Individual may be required to sit or stand for extended periods of time.
The employee is frequently required to walk, bend, and lift and carry equipment up to 50 lbs.
Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision and use of computer monitor screen a great deal of the time.
Must be able to travel on occasion. Individual’s primary workstation is located in the office area, with some time spent each day on the manufacturing floor.
The noise level in the work environment ranges from low to moderate.