Descripción del Trabajo
Develops new engineering designs ranging from basic to high complexity. Develops and communicates technical solutions to other engineers and business personnel, relying on experience and understanding of their field and acting independently except in the most complex cases. Drive cross functional project teams in solving technical problems and overcoming hurdles that may affect project timelines.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Developing and validating complex mechanical products that are required across all Business Units.
- Design enclosure and PCB mechanical layouts utilizing standard tools
- Partners with cross functional team to review and clarify design requirements and define the appropriate mechanical architecture.
- Expertly assemble prototypes and verifies form/fit/function.
- Work with external components, jig and fixture, and equipment suppliers/manufacturers to conduct DFM activities.
- Communicates technical aspects of a project effectively to internal and external customers.
- Define design innovations and potential patentable solutions
- Primary focus:
- Design review - Mechanical
- Design & production improvement proposals
- 3D MCAD Models
- 2D Drawing
- Structured BOM - ME
- Process DFM/PFC
- Product Quality Spec
- Mechanical test fixture DFM (& fixture list)
- TA report making and reviewing
- FATP & Rel issue FA/ CA Report
- DOE plan/conduct/report
- IQC/OQC data and FATP data review
- Parts manufacture process and quality issues review
- Communicate with customer about PD items
MANAGEMENT & SUPERVISORY RESPONSIBILITIES
- Typically reports to Management. Direct supervisor job title(s) typically include: Design Manager or Group Lead
- Job is NOT directly responsible for managing other employees (e.g., hiring/termination and/or pay decisions, performance management).
TECHNICAL KNOWLEDGE & SKILLS
- Comprehensive knowledge (with limited complexity) of Industry or specific sector, regulatory and safety standards.
- Broad knowledge with limited complexity projects that have required one of more of Mechanical Engineering Design specializations or competencies: Tolerance Analysis, DFM, Serviceability
- Demonstrated use of key development tools and design standards: 3D CAD, Finite Element Analysis, Interference Checks, Cross-site Design Reviews
NON TECHNICAL KNOWLEDGE & SKILLS
- Influence others and share best practices
- Effectively communicate with good understanding of English.
- Work as part of a global team
- Lead others in some aspects of technical tasks
- Assess a project and articulating risk while developing project milestones.
- Develop projects in a stage-gate process (PLCQ)
- Mentor less experienced engineers.
- Participates in cross-functional design reviews and can lead some aspects of ME design reviews.
EDUCATION & EXPERIENCE REQUIREMENTS
- Mechanical Engineering Degree (BSME/MSME or equivalent experience)
- 5+ years experience in mech design and / or verification or other key competency
- Regular business hours. Some additional hours may be required.
- Travel requirements: Domestic and/or Global, up to 20%
- Climate controlled office environment during normal business hours.
- Familiar with UG/Pro E
- Experience with developing consumer electronics (AR/VR is a plus)
- Familiar with high volume FATP manufacturing process (CM/ODE experience is a plus)
- Familiar with automation assembly process.
- Great knowledge with failure analysis
- Primary work location: Vancouver, WA