Descripción del Trabajo
Work as part of the architecture team to help ensure that the architecture and code are consistent by having intimate knowledge of both the code and the architecture.
Help to develop new functionality in SW by both defining it and helping in the integration to prove it functions properly.
This position allows the individual to develop a full range of SW development skills, code development, debugging, system integration and SW design. The goal is for the individual to develop the wide range of skills needed to be able to design embedded SW systems.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Customer support for Linux based embedded SW application, running on 4G/5G Radios.
- Work with internal teams (Hardware, Firmware, and Integration) to debug issues both with the SW and with the system (HW/FW/SW).
- Help to debug issues found in the development labs
- Work as part of the architecture team to help ensure that the architecture and code are consistent by having intimate knowledge of both the code and the architecture.
- Help to develop new functionality in SW by both defining it and helping in the integration to prove it functions properly
• Job is NOT directly responsible for managing other employees (e.g., hiring/termination and/or pay decisions, performance management).
- Strong C++ including modern C++ (11,17, etc)
- Good problem-solving skills and ability to understand other people’s code
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
- Ability to work in a team and adjust to changing priorities
- Experience with embedded development and debugging
- Linux kernel development: Yocto build environment
- Experience in multi-threaded development
- Communication protocols and tools
EDUCATION & EXPERIENCE REQUIREMENTS
• Bachelor of Science in Computer Engineering or Software Engineering
• 0 - 2 years of experience in a product development
It is highly desirable for the candidate to be able to work 1 to 2 days per week in our Warren, New Jersey facility. Note that Jabil does not have an official Warren, NJ location: we are a satellite location remote from our St. Petersburg, FL headquarters.This job cannot be performed remotely in the state of Colorado.