Descripción del Trabajo
Responsible for top level quote by sector, more like a project manager for all quotes globally in a sector. Effectively develop competitive custom mechanical material cost solutions utilizing Jabil’s approved supply base. This includes coordinating efforts of Material Quote Analysts to meet project timelines, tooling and supply chain requirements for each proposal.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES include the following. Other duties may be assigned.
· Engage in a weekly communication forum for the exchange of ideas and information with the team
· Organize verbal and written ideas clearly and use an appropriate business style.
· Ask questions; encourage input from the team.
· Ensure the efficient and timely exchange of information to ensure best practices are shared throughout the Jabil organization.
· Identify custom mechanical material requirements, develops supply chain strategy (with Regional Commodity Management and Tooling Management), and coordinates Material Quote Analysts for quote proposal development, resulting in 100% ownership of the full quote process to ensure correct and on time delivery.
· Identify information required to develop accurate quotes from the supply base and ensures its availability or requests it from the Project Manager responsible for the given quote.
· Attend and runs quote kick-off meetings for all assigned quote projects.
· Supervise preparation of supplier RFQ packages and solicitation of quotes from the supply base.
· Review and analyze recommended supplier quotes to provide complete costed BOM proposals to the internal Jabil customer.
· Maintain relationships with Jabil supply base used for quoting activities.
· Support Commodity Management by maintaining knowledge of suppliers for custom mechanical commodities.
· Maintain list of Jabil-approved suppliers for various commodities (provided by Regional Commodity Management).
· Provide feedback to (and receives input from) Regional Quote Manager, Material Quote Analysts and Regional Commodity Managers regarding potential new suppliers to be included in quoting activities.
· Maintain record of suppliers that consistently provide quotes and related information in a timely manner, provides feedback to those suppliers.
· Review and analyzes quotes with Regional Commodity Managers and Material Quotations Supervisor to ensure that proposal submission is consistent with the supply chain strategy, ability to supply and customer’s needs.
· Obtain feedback for customer proposals and identify changes in process, tools, and execution to improve future submissions.
· Exercise a good working knowledge of materials, assembly and fabrication processes, and sources of supply to support a competitive supply chain strategy for each quote proposal.
· Perform other special projects for Regional Quote Manager as necessary.
· Ensure all sensitive and confidential information is handled appropriately.
· Adhere to all safety and health rules and regulations associated with this position and as directed by supervisor.
· Comply and follow all procedures within the company security policy.
BA in Materials Management, Business Administration or equivalent, plus 2 years purchasing experience of Jabil-procured commodities OR 3-5 years equivalent combination of education and experience. NAPM, MBA and APICs certifications desired. Project management and electronics manufacturing experience preferred.