Descripción del Trabajo
To be a technical focal point to the Plant for alternate low cost, high quality components. The Materials Engineer will be a main driver in getting Jabil Strategic Suppliers approved on Customer AML, support AML review on new program start ups with EOL and Obsolete alternate recommendations and supporting the lead free initiative, monitor and work supplier quality issues directly with the manufacturer and communicate status on non-conforming parts/suppliers across all programs.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
· To support Design Engineering, Project Management and Purchasing in identifying, sourcing and the implementation of new/alternate components that is of equal or greater performance without compromising quality at a total cost savings.
· Drive supplier selection strategies that will yield a supply base that can be used across all customer programs providing leverage cost savings.
· Manage the Florida Plant AML for EOL and obsolescence on a quarterly basis recommending alternates and driving the change. New Customer AML review will be critical.
· Ensure second level assignment of classifications form Commodity Management teams.
· Establish process for monitoring required Specifications.
· Work with Suppliers on all quality and functional issues that stem from components being purchased for manufacturing.
· Ensure that all production critical supplier issues are resolved in a timely manner, and corrective actions are implemented correctly.
· To select appropriate Inspection Plans and Inspection Methods, and provide guidance to Receiving Inspection Auditors.
· To provide documentation required to perform Inspection of components per Inspection Plans in SAP or Customer Requirements.
· Monitor and drive PPM issues with the supply base in addition to helping them achieve “Dock to Stock” certified with Jabil (in accordance to the vendor performance system).
· Proactively communicate information or issues that may impact the product costs of manufacturability to all affected departments.
· Adhere to all safety and health rules and regulations associated with this position and as directed by supervisor.
· Comply and follow all procedures within the company security policy.
· May perform other duties and responsibilities as assigned.
· Ability to calculate figures and amounts such as discounts, interest, commissions, proportions, percentages, area, circumference, and volume.
· Ability to apply concepts of basic algebra and geometry.
· Ability to work with mathematical concepts such as probability and statistical inference.
· Ability to apply concepts such as fractions, percentages, ratios, and proportions to practical situations.
· Ability to effectively present information and respond to questions from groups of managers, clients, customers, and the general public.
· Ability to define problems, collect data, establish facts, and draw valid conclusions.
· Ability to operate a personal computer including using a Windows based operating system and related software.
· Advanced PC skills, including training and knowledge of Jabil’s software packages.
· Ability to write simple correspondence. Read and understand visual aid.
· Ability to apply common sense understanding to carry out simple one- or two-step instructions.
· Ability to deal with standardized situations with only occasional or no variables.
· Ability to read and comprehend simple instructions, short correspondence, and memos.
· Ability to add, subtract, multiply, and divide in all units of measure, using whole numbers, common fractions, and decimals.
· Ability to compute rate, ratio, and percent and to draw and interpret graphs.