Descripción del Trabajo
Jabil is seeking a Director of Engineering Services that will be based at our Austin, TX office. This position will directly contribute to the transformative growth within our Cloud, Compute, and Storage Business.
The Director of Engineering has responsibility to understand the technical direction of the market and customers, develop technical product definition, and drive the R&D direction for business units and/or specific customers (encompassing hardware, firmware, software, and design services). This role must collaborate with business leaders, system architects, design services, cross-functional teams, and technology suppliers to define products that ensures Jabil continues to provide world‑class systems and solutions.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Architecture/Technology expert for servers, storage, and systems management for Cloud, Compute & Storage Business
- Delivers solutions that require multiple Electrical design expertise across multiple EE competencies.
- Evaluating/selecting electronic components, and makes component recommendations, that impact roadmaps and feature enhancements
- Leads resolution of complex design issues and manages design trade-offs
- Technical interface for business unit, sales, and customers.
- Provide direction on design and development activities to improve, modify or design new equipment products and processes.
- Manage/Lead teams of architects, engineers, and product/project managers to define products, solutions, and/or capabilities based on the needs of the market and our customers.
- Be a key evangelist when discussing products and capabilities with customers.
- Interpret and communicate customer requirements to enable development of services and operational capabilities to support new customers and business opportunities.
- Maintaining team competencies in current technology and design trends
- Develop and maintain close relationships and strategic alignment with existing and prospective technology partners.
- Maintain an awareness of the evolving marketplace including new technologies that could be beneficial to integrate into Jabil’s portfolio.
- Contribute to the development of the high‑level long‑term business strategy.
- Work closely with the operations, sales, and other cross functional teams to support their efforts.
- Proactively manage problems which may arise in achieving the technical and R&D strategy of the business.
- Coach and mentor, our engineering community to and contribute to developing high‑performance teams.
- Provide effective and inspiring leadership.
Management and Supervisory Responsibilities
- Solid-line report to Cloud, Compute, and Storage Architecture Director/Senior Director
- Job may have direct reports; job title(s) may include System Architect
- Strong knowledge of server and storage product architecture, system design, core platform development process including aspects of hardware and firmware.
- Knowledgeable of data center infrastructure/environments and cloud computing.
- Knowledgeable in the large-scale deployment of servers and storage systems.
- Analytic and decisive decision maker.
- Demonstrated ability to lead teams among multiple ambiguous and complex projects.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills; a persuasive communicator.
- Action-oriented, entrepreneurial, flexible, and innovative approach to technical management.
Education and Experience Requirements
- Degree in Engineering, BSEE/MSEE, BSCE/MSCE, BSCS/MSCS, BSME/MSME
- 15+ years of compute/storage system architecture/design/engineering experience
- Or an equivalent combination of education, experience and / or training