Descripción del Trabajo
Provide leadership and guidance to project teams consisting of business and IT professionals who are engaged in planning and implementing solutions that are small/medium size. The incumbent will also engage as a key team member by providing support for larger, more complex projects under the guide of a Senior Project Manager or Program Manager. Mentoring Project Management subordinates is an essential responsibility of this role to ensure that the team is maturing their project skills and capabilities.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
· Ensure project scope and costs are agreed upon by the stakeholders
· Coordinate business requirements gathering, documentation and stakeholder approval
· Prepare project plan(s) and implementation schedule(s): ensure the project plan includes all stakeholder requirements and the nine areas of knowledge from Project Management Body of Knowledge®
· Conduct internal and vendor inquiries pertaining to the development of technology or information systems to meet current and projected business needs
· Coordination of RFI/RFPs with third parties, project and internal IT procurement team
· Provide regular report updates to all stakeholders and project sponsors, including status updates, milestone information and risk and issue information
· Active problem solving: recognize potential problem areas against the plan and identifies and implements alternative solutions
· Serve as escalation point for project risks and issues
· Provide guidance on team activity through leadership and support towards goals
· Work independently on medium risk projects with an ability to manage multiple projects simultaneously
· Recommend, prepare and conduct training
· Manage change control processes and is responsible for overall project execution
· Maintain a good working relationship with customers and vendors
· Ensure 100% adherence to all IT and department policy, processes and procedures
· Other duties may be assigned
EDUCATION & EXPERIENCE REQUIREMENTS
Bachelor’s degree + 5 years of experience, or Masters + 3 years of related experience, or PhD without experience.
Project Management in technical domain knowledge for SAP, Manufacturing systems/processes, B2B, or Custom Software Development a plus.