Descripción del Trabajo
To provide direct support to the manufacturing production lines. Ensures that the manufacturing process complies with its specifications and that the product meets material qualifications.
Supervises production associates to meet production schedules in compliance with the Quality System, EHS and company policies while ensuring that human, capital and material resource are used effectively and efficiently.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
• Under general supervision, supports the investigation and implementation of corrective and preventive actions to improve operating performance and to comply with requirements of the quality system such as NCR, CAPA, audit observations and others.
• Under general supervision, executes and documents training programs for associate and ensures on-time completion of training requirements.
• Responsible for providing technical expertise and leadership for daily manufacturing operation and ensuring established metrics (Production, Quality, Scrap and Cycle time) are met.
• Provides specific technical expertise to support special projects, pilot operations, product and process improvements; and also provides input to develop capital expense forecast and equipment/spare part budgets to support business needs
• Supervises production personnel and collaborates with support functions to meet or exceed the goals and objectives of the Business Unit and in alignment with those of the Plant and the Franchise.
• Responsible for ensuring adherence to Environmental, Health and Safety policies and procedures; provides support to ongoing initiatives related to safety and ergonomics programs.
• Ensures that manufacturing activities are performed in compliance with the Quality System and drives efforts to enhance a culture of quality and compliance
• Manages the effective and efficient utilization of human, capital, and material resources to optimize performance
• Supports rewards and recognition programs, participates in the development of employees, acts as a mentor, and promotes talent
• Drives Lean Manufacturing efforts, including the maintenance of performance metrics, line balancing, continuous flow manufacturing, inventory reduction efforts, and good housekeeping practices
Execute or supervises data entry on required systems, such as JDE, Kronos, and others
• Supports process transfers and the introduction of new products
• Execute validation activities
• Coordinates communication activities with manufacturing associates
• Identifies and supports the resolution of labor issues in coordination with the Human Resources department
• Develops and maintains a Credo-based culture
MANAGEMENT & SUPERVISORY RESPONSIBILITIES
• Job is NOT directly responsible for managing other employees (e.g., hiring/termination and/or pay decisions, performance management).
• Knowledge of Quality System requirements
• Basic knowledge of Lean manufacturing, Quality Control and Production Control
• Good verbal and written communication skills
• Customer-focused decision-making skills
• Proven initiative, creativity and assertiveness
• Basic understanding of EHS regulations
• Basic knowledge of Mexican labor regulations
• Bilingual in English and Spanish preferred.
• Working knowledge of computer software (Microsoft Office, ERP system)
EDUCATION & EXPERIENCE REQUIREMENTS
• University/Bachelors Degree or Equivalent
• Generally requires (0-2) years related experience