Descripción del Trabajo
Embedded Software E ngineer – Jabil Photonics
Jabil Photonics (JP) is a small business unit within Jabil, a large multinational with 260,000 employees worldwide. JP is seeking an embedded software engineer who can take over ownership of a code base that is used to drive electro-optic components and a specialized Digital Signal Processing (DSP) ASIC. The resulting software is used in fiber optic transceivers that operate at 200Gb/s up to 800 Gb/s. The successful candidate will have a very important and highly visible position, being one of a few specialists in the team. They will be exposed to many technical areas including real time control loop design, coherent fiber optic transceivers, digital signal processing and forward error correction.
- Working within a multi-discipline and multi-region engineering team, you will be responsible for developing and maintaining MCU code for 200Gb/s to 800Gb/s Optical Transceivers, including interface to specialised Digital Signal Processing (DSP) ASIC’s.
- Producing requirement specifications, architecture and design documents and unit test plans.
- Assisting with verification and validation activities for SW releases.
- Authoring SW release notes to maintain traceability of changes.
- Support of manufacturing and production test teams with introduction of SW updates.
- Bachelor or advanced degree in Electrical/Electronic Engineering or Computer Science with minimum 2 years experience.
- Experience using the following: C/C++
- Strong Real Time Embedded Systems experience
- Proven ability to work independently on complex projects, with support from the larger team.
- Good communication skills in English.
- Willing to work occasionally in the evening to meet with colleagues in different time zones.
- Prior experience with Fiber Optic transceivers.
- Familiar with CYPRESS PSOC 6 microcontroller and UART, SPI, and I2C busses
- Experience using the following: Embedded Linux
- Previous use of Source Code Management systems
- Other language capabilities, notably Chinese and/or Malay.