Descripción del Trabajo
Inspects and measures incoming material to ensure conformance to part specification list in accordance with IPC-A-600 & IPC-J-STD-001. Measures critical to quality characteristics of incoming material using various mechanical and electronic measuring tools Inspects and measures incoming material to assure conformance to part specification list. Works under general supervision. Acts as a liaison with other departments, divisions, and organizations.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
· Inspects incoming material to cosmetic/workmanship standard. Measures critical characteristics / safety critical characteristics of incoming material using various mechanical and electronic measuring tools. Manages material flow through the Supplier Quality Inspection area in such a way that good and non-conforming material is clearly identified and material moves quickly in and out of the area. Understands and interprets part specifications. Understands and performs Standard Inspection Plans. Enters test and inspection results into SAP or part folders as necessary. Maintains filing system for test records. Creates and releases Quality Notifications in SAP as needed. Performs solder samples, internal Part Number Changes (PNCs), and specialized quality requirements. Helps manage the RIR (quality notification) cage.
· Escalating issues and quality trends to department leadership
· Performs measurement system studies and measurement evaluations under engineering guidance.
· Trains personnel as needed.
· May perform other duties as assigned.
· Demonstrated ability to use equipment and tools typically used in the inspection process such as calipers, gage blocks, gate pins, and optical comparators.
· IPC-A-600 Acceptability of Printed Boards certification.
· PC skills, including training and knowledge in applicable software packages, including SAP and desktop applications.
· Ability to work under tight time deadlines with frequently changing priorities.
· Ability to read, write and comprehend simple instructions, short correspondence, and memos.
· Ability to effectively present information in one-on-one and small group situations to vendors, customers, and other employees of the organization.
· Ability to add, subtract, multiply and divide in all units of measure, using whole numbers, common fractions, and decimals.
· Ability to compute rate, ratio, and percent.
· Ability to use standard and unique problem-solving techniques.
· Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
Ability to read and comprehend simple instructions, short correspondence, and memos. Ability to write simple correspondence. Read and understand visual aid. Ability to effectively present information in one-on-one and small group situations to customers, clients, and other employees of the organization.
Must be able to calculate quantity of parts to be prepped and ready for use at any time. Ability to add and subtract two digit numbers and to multiply and divide with 10's and 100's.
Ability to apply common sense understanding to carry out simple one- or two-step instructions. Ability to deal with standardized situations with only occasional or no variables.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Individual may be required to sit, stand or walk. Reaching, bending, loading, and unloading of boards and reels is mandatory, as is lifting of up to 35 lbs. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision and use of microscope and/or magnifying glass.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Individual’s primary workstation is located on the manufacturing floor. The noise level in the work environment is moderate.
Successful applicants will have to fulfill all prerequisites for contracts. Certain position may require US Citizenship.