Descripción del Trabajo
The Manufacturing Subject Matter Expert (SME) is responsible for the implementation, support, training, reporting and troubleshooting for all manufacturing activities.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES include the following. Other duties may be assigned.
- Serve as the functional expert for all manufacturing related systems and tools.
- Help achieve satisfactory level of machine utilization and efficiency with minimum downtime.
- Monitors all production metrics and completes weekly metrics. Seeks continued improvements in weekly metrics and trending data
- Maintain and develop documentation for responsible area.
- Participate in the exchange of ideas and information within the department.
- Provide regular updates to appropriate managers.
- Identify creative ways to reduce cost by streamlining processes and systems (i.e. modification of responsibilities or consolidation of tasks, elimination of non-value added processes, or complete re-engineering of processes and systems).
- Drive continuous improvement through trend reporting analysis and metrics management.
- Offer new ideas and suggestions for improvement. Identify and implement new practices and processes that are “best in class”.
- Develop training plan for new operators
EDUCATION AND MINIMUM REQUIREMENTS
HS Diploma and 3 years of Jabil experience in the application or area of specialty or equivalent formal training in application or specialty
Bachelor’s degree preferred
Plastics/ Injection molding experience
- Ability to effectively present information and respond to questions from groups of managers
- Ability to define problems, collect data, establish facts, and draw valid conclusions.
- Knowledge of process flows to include flow charts and written processes