At Jabil we strive to make ANYTHING POSSIBLE and EVERYTHING BETTER. With over 260,000 diverse, talented and dedicated employees across 100 locations in 30 countries, our vision is to be the most technologically advanced and trusted manufacturing solutions provider. We combine an unmatched breadth and depth of end-market experience, technical and design capabilities, manufacturing know-how, supply chain insights and global product management expertise to enable success for the world’s leading brands. We are driven by a common purpose to make a positive impact for each other, our communities, and the environment.
Descripción del Trabajo
To assist the QA manager in ensuring best practices pertaining to the use of quality tools are driven into all areas of Jabil South, with primary focus on the manufacturing floor. Drive the training and proper use of quality tools at Jabil South. Recruiting of Quality Department staff. Planning for the future/defining the role of the QA Department.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
· Monitor/evaluate level of involvement of QA Department activities and effects on F4, efficiencies and continuous improvement.
· Participate in planning long term/short term functions of the department to support Jabil.
· Manage all Quality Department operational metrics to drive continuous improvement.
· Plan/justify departmental budget.
· Evaluate/schedule/prepare training activities.
· Recruit, lead, coach, manage, QA Department staff.
· Evaluate effectiveness of the management system at Jabil South – improve as necessary.
· Drive profit loss issues to drive improvement of Jabil’s market position.
· Adhere to all safety and health rules and regulations associated with this position and as directed by supervisor.
· Comply and follow all procedures within the company security policy.
· May perform other duties and responsibilities as assigned.
· Proficient and knowledgeable in all areas related to the Quality Assurance function.
· Working knowledge of Statistical Process Control and PCB assembly process, results orientated attitude, achieve through team concept skills / activities.
· Strong knowledge of global and regional logistics operations and industry.
· Strong proficiency in determining logistics requirements to enable company’s business goals and objectives with ability to devise and implement strategy to achieve targets.
· Strong financial and analytical ability. Proficiency in managing business analytics to determine optimum company footprint.
· Strong knowledge of international direct and indirect taxes as well as global customs regimes.
· Proven track record of successful change management accomplishments, implementing and management continuous productivity and cost reduction programs.
· Strong and convincing communication skills.
· Proficiency in use of personal computers, Microsoft Office products (Excel, Word and PowerPoint) and e-mail skills required.
EDUCATION & EXPERIENCE REQUIREMENTS
· BA/BS preferred.
· 5 years experience in quality related field.
· Additional 2 years managerial experience.
· Or a combination of education, experience and/or training.
Jabil, including its subsidiaries, is an equal opportunity employer and considers qualified applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identify, age, disability, genetic information, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
BE AWARE OF FRAUD: When applying for a job at Jabil you will be contacted via correspondence through our official job portal with a jabil.com e-mail address; direct phone call from a member of the Jabil team; or direct e-mail with a jabil.com e-mail address. Jabil does not request payments for interviews or at any other point during the hiring process. Jabil will not ask for your personal identifying information such as a social security number, birth certificate, financial institution, driver’s license number or passport information over the phone or via e-mail. If you believe you are a victim of identity theft, contact your local police department. Any scam job listings should be reported to whatever website it was posted in.