Descripción del Trabajo
The Financial Controls Associate II will assist with designing, managing, and monitoring Jabil’s internal control structure to ensure the Company’s entity wide compliance with the Sarbanes-Oxley Act Section 404 internal control requirements (SOX).
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
· Create and document key internal controls relative to new and current processes.
· Assist in the development and continuous analysis of identified key internal control to ensure SOX documentation remains effective.
· Perform process reviews to evaluate internal controls, information systems, and current business practices to ensure they are operating in accordance with SOX compliance/documentation requirements and established corporate policies.
· Assist in ensuring all sites have adopted and are effectively executing Jabil’s internal control baseline.
· Provide fundamental guidance and standards for ensuring that the actions taken by internal control process owners are adequate to support quarterly and year-end management assertions in their assessment of an effective internal control environment.
· Provide guidance on standardization of company processes to business units, corporate areas, and recently acquired companies.
· Remain current on relevant internal control and risk assessment guidance.
· Develop SOX training materials for process owners.
· Support ownership and monitoring of non-key controls, including testing control design and operation.
· Comply and follow all procedures within the company security policy.
· May perform other duties and responsibilities as assigned.
· Excellent interpersonal and communication skills and the ability to interact with all levels of management within a multi-cultural, multi-functional environment.
· Knowledge of U.S. Generally Accepted Accounting Principles (GAAP) and U.S. Generally Accepted Auditing Standards (GAAS) is required.
· Knowledge of the COSO framework and the Sarbanes-Oxley Act, specifically as they relate to internal control structure.
· Strong critical thinking and analytical skills to evaluate information received and identify critical trends in the information being reviewed.
· Proficiency in use of personal computers, Microsoft Office products (Excel, Word and PowerPoint) and e-mail skills required.
EDUCATION & EXPERIENCE REQUIREMENTS
· Bachelor's Degree required, Masters Degree preferred.
· CPA preferred.
· Degree in Accounting or Finance preferred.
· Minimum 2 years work-related experience required, preferably in accounting and/or internal control related roles.
· Or an equivalent combination of education, training and experience.