Descripción del Trabajo
Planners are responsible for developing and ensuring the execution of an achievable two-week production schedule.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES include the following. Other duties may be assigned.
· Schedule production activity in synch with MPS.
· Ensure Prep-Parts can and is keeping up with the build schedule.
· Focus on minimizing changeovers and production schedule changes while maintaining the integrity of the production board revision.
· Meet daily with the Master Planner and manufacturing to assess production schedules, (adjust as necessary, based on production results), optimize run quantities, and minimize changeovers, to achieve 100% on time delivery.
· At a minimum, run weekly clean-to-starts to determine any existing material shortages that need to be expedited. Follow up with appropriate Purchasing personnel to ensure commitments are achieved.
· Work with Manufacturing Line Manager(s), Purchasing, and Inventory Control to recommend long term resolutions to shortages due to lack of material control on the production floor.
· At a minimum, conduct readiness meetings on New Products as well as revision changes five days prior to the build.
· Ensure that shipments made are routed to the correct destination, as well as the creation and maintenance of Sales Orders if that duty is placed on the Planner.
· Understand all product production flow.
· Continuous coordination and follow up with the workcell team.
· Adhere to all safety and health rules and regulations associated with this position and as directed by supervisor.
· Comply and follow all procedures within the company security policy.
Master’s degree in Management engineering or Economics (or equivalent) requested and at least two years of experience required. APICS certification preferred.