Descripción del Trabajo
- Will lead and support assigned design projects of medium to high complexity applying project management expertise to support the company and group’s strategy.
- Manage assigned projects through the various stages of the project lifecycle, from product concept to implementation, product test and mass production introduction.
- This includes RFQ support, developing SOW, project plan w/milestones, financials, and implementation plan.
- Provide full accountability for project budgets and schedule.
- Provide management and guidance toward successful collaboration with multi-functional groups and multi-sites.
- Manage and enhance customer relationships.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Know and understand the strategic direction of division.
- Executes the design project in line with Jabil’s PLCQ (gate driven design process) and closely works with design QAM,
- Define concise goals and objectives within a project framework
- Ensure all project requirements and/or objectives are correctly gathered, understood, and properly translated for execution.
- Conduct formal design reviews with customers to ensure design(s) meet customer design requirements.
- Recognize project Key Performance Indicators and manage the work within scope, quality, time, and cost constraints
- Develops and owns project plan, establishing a road map with clear dates and clear deliverables.
- Utilize tools and processes to track changes and identify cost impact for review with senior management.
- Conduct project risk reviews and appropriate mitigation
- Plans, monitors, and tracks progress of the multi-disciplinary design activities and interacts closely with the system architect and lead project engineers, supply chain, quality, NPI,
- Provide weekly communication forum for the exchange of ideas and information for projects including project status, resolving project issues, problems, and changes.
- Responsible for managing cross-divisional / cross-functional / cross-cultural project teams.
- Ensure all products and services are delivered in accordance with contractual requirements and are on time and within budget.
- Works with the finance team on monthly financial reporting,
- Provide regular project updates to stakeholders, local site, and senior leadership and escalates if needed,
- Prepare timely forecasts for projects and closely work with functional group managers on project staffing.
- Understand and exceed customer needs and expectations.
- Accountable for customer satisfaction / relationship both internal and external as deemed relative or necessary to project success.
- Establish and maintain communications with customer personnel and senior management as needed.
- Mentors project team members in context of project activities. Gives and receives both written and verbal feedback.
- Ability to respond in a timely fashion to common inquiries or complaints from customers or internal personnel.
- Ensure all sensitive and confidential information is handled appropriately.
- Adhere to all safety and health rules and regulations associated with this position and as directed by supervisor.
- Comply and follow all procedures within the company security policy.
- May perform other duties and responsibilities as assigned.
JOB QUALIFICATIONS KNOWLEDGE REQUIREMENTS
- Experience managing multiple product design projects simultaneously.
- Organize verbal and written ideas clearly and use an appropriate business style.
- Ability to define problems, collect data, establish facts, and draw valid conclusions.
- Ability to effectively present information to management and/or customer personnel.
- Ability to respond in a timely fashion to common inquiries or complaints.
EDUCATION & EXPERIENCE REQUIREMENTS
- Master’s degree in engineering (electronics, software or mechanical) or equivalent,
- Minimum of 5 years’ experience in project management, preferably in automotive design projects,
- Previous experience in electronic manufacturing services a plus.
- PMP Certified or an equivalent combination of education, experience and / or training.
- Familiar with product design processes,
- Knowledge of ISO 9001, automotive standards are a plus (e.g. ISO26262, IATF)