Descripción del Trabajo
This role provides project support for IT related projects within a site or functional area of IT. The incumbent will be responsible to lead minor project initiatives with periodic guidance. Additionally, this position will provide day-to-day support for IT Project Managers by executing discrete project-related activities on complex projects with local, regional, or global scope supervision.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
· Serve as the primary interface with Functional Management, Project Managers and or Program Managers for minor projects and initiatives
· Practice Project Management processes as defined within IT
· Provide regular report updates to all stakeholders and project sponsors, including status updates, milestone information and risk and issue information
· Communicates with functional team members to develop a plan for project tasks
· Drive and/or complete tasks in accordance with the project schedule
· Demonstrate a commitment to customer service; anticipate, meet and exceed expectations by solving problems quickly and effectively; making customer issues a priority
· Confer with reporting manager and/or project manager on complex tasks
· Ensure 100% adherence to all company policies and procedures (i.e. EHS, Quality, Security, Change Management, etc.).
· Maintain discretion and confidentiality in all areas pertaining to data and proprietary information and IT systems, whether internal to Jabil or customer specific
· Lead discrete activities assigned by Project Managers to support larger projects
· Adhere to all safety and health rules and regulations associated with this position and as directed by supervisor
· Comply and follow all procedures within the company security policy
· To be dependable and conscientious in all work performed
· Other duties may be assigned
Must demonstrate self-sufficiency on the following skills/competencies:
· Accountability – Accounts for his/her activities, accepts responsibility for them, and to discloses the results in a transparent manner.
· Action/Results Oriented - Brings full energy to things he/she sees as challenging; enjoys working hard; can act with a minimum of planning; seizes more opportunities than others.
· Business Relationship Management – Practices building strong relationships with business, operations, and other IT groups.
· Presentation Skills - Is effective in a variety of formal presentation settings: one-on-one, small and large groups, with peers, direct reports, and bosses.
· Teamwork - Works collaboratively with a group of people in order to achieve a goal.
· Project Management methodologies – Displays and applies knowledge on Project Management methodologies, specifically on Waterfall and Agile.
· Working knowledge of Lean/Six Sigma concepts.
EDUCATION & EXPERIENCE REQUIREMENTS
• Bachelor’s degree required; degree in Computer Science, Engineering or Business discipline preferred.
• Minimum 2 years of related experience with active participation in formal IT projects.
• Or an equivalent combination of education, training or experience.