Descripción del Trabajo
The Global Component Engineer’s function is identifying, sourcing and implementing new/alternate components or circuits that are of equal of greater performance without compromising quality at a total cost savings taking into account the strategic alignment and goals of the Process Creation Plan functions in the various Jabil sites where the business unit manufactures product.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
· Act as the focal person for all quality and functional issues that stem from components being purchased for prototype builds, NPI/NCI builds, or manufacturing.
· Assist in the definition, verification and implementation of new parts within the Component Information System environment.
· Assist and suggest alternative circuit designs to the Project Engineers that may improve component sourcing or resolve potential manufacturing issues.
· Interface with customer personnel as required to identify and resolve component issues.
· Drive supplier selection strategies that will yield a supply base that can be used across all JTS design projects providing leverage for cost savings.
· Perform tasks as assigned by the SCPM and or Senior Manager, SCM JTS.
· Understand all areas related to component sourcing, crossing, preferred Jabil vendor base status, and industry trends.
· Maintain professional demeanor with customers, vendors, and internal personnel.
· Operate with a high level of efficiency, integrity, and enthusiasm, striving to achieve excellence in all endeavors.
· Adhere to all safety and health rules and regulations associated with this position and as directed by supervisor.
· Comply and follow all procedures within the company security policy.
· May perform other duties and responsibilities as assigned.
· Ability to effectively present information and respond to questions from groups of managers, clients, customers, and the general public.
· Ability to define problems, collect data, establish facts, and draw valid conclusions.
· Ability to operate a personal computer including using a Windows based operating system and related software.
· Advanced PC skills, including training and knowledge of Jabil’s software packages.
· Ability to write simple correspondence. Read and understand visual aid.
· Ability to apply common sense understanding to carry out simple one- or two-step instructions.
· Ability to deal with standardized situations with only occasional or no variables.
· Ability to read and comprehend simple instructions, short correspondence, and memos.
· Ability to add, subtract, multiply, and divide in all units of measure, using whole numbers, common fractions, and decimals.
· Ability to compute rate, ratio, and percent and to draw and interpret graphs.
- Provide Environmental consultation and reporting services respective Internal Business Units or/and end Customers.
- Keep up-to-date new or revised Environmental related Regulations (ROHS, REACH, Conflict Minerals, Cobalt, etc)
- Provide material composition documentation training to new suppliers for successful environmental data collection
- Establish new and revised internal Procedures, SOPs and any relevant training documents.
- Identify and drive the improvement opportunities and document recommended improvements/changes.
- Supports internal team on any open issues and escalation processes
- Scrub customers BOM (Bill of Material) against MCR internal databases on existing data available
- Send request to Manufacturers/Suppliers for Material Composition Data from the supply base
- To monitor and follow up closely with Manufacturers/Suppliers on data submission progress.
- Escalate the unsupportive Manufacturers/Suppliers when necessary.
- To meet Customers project dateline and requirements.
- Review and ensure Manufacturers/Suppliers submitted declared documents are met the acceptance criteria.
- Upload declared documents into relevant databases for generate report and record purposes.
- Extract and compile the finalized Material Composition Reporting reports (both standard and customized) to meet Customers’ requirements.
- Maintain and ensure regular updates the Master Table in databases
- Upload all declared documents into relevant database for report
- Comply and follow all procedures within the company security policy
- Perform other duties and responsibilities as assigned.