Descripción del Trabajo
Jabil is seeking a Director of Program Management that will be based out of our Austin, TX office. This position will directly contribute to the transformative growth within the Cloud, Compute & Storage Division of our EMS Segment.
The Director of Program Management will drive key programs within the Global Business Unit for Cloud, Compute & Storage. The role will lead diverse cross-functional teams to execute strategic programs for our business and our customers. We are searching for a leader that has experience building program management functions and overseeing end-to-end execution across multiple work streams including product development.
The ideal candidate for this position will be experienced in customer facing program management roles, understands the product development process, and has demonstrated the ability to operate in ambiguous and fast paced environments while enjoying the challenge. This role requires a leader that thrives at building relationships at customers and within their own organization and is looking forward to the challenge of leading a critical function in scaling a business.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
· Demonstrates an entrepreneurial spirit and drive.
· Engage directly with global business units leaders on customer engagements and drive cross-functional teams on RFQ, RFP, and RFI responses and subsequent execution.
· Direct team of program managers supporting specific customers and/or segment of customers
· Responsible for end-to-end oversight of program execution for the business
· Establishes and manages current customer relationships, striving to capitalize on organic revenue growth opportunities.
· Demonstrated strategic capability to look beyond the customer and understand the end market and industry to ensure teams are competitive
· Exhibits demonstrated successful relationship-building skills with highest-level audiences at more strategic and senior levels within the customer’s organization and within Jabil.
· Responsible for the Request for Proposal (RFP) or Request for Quote (RFQ) or Request for Information (RFI) process across cross0functional teams.
· Manages the performance, developments, and rewards for direct reports. Indirectly manages work of others through Jabil’s Workcell business model.
· May perform other duties and responsibilities as assigned.
· Excellent communication skills.
· Fundamental concepts, practices and procedures of global business awareness/experience (e.g., taxation, laws, culture).
· Advanced concepts, practices and procedures of operational functions (e.g., manufacturing, supply chain, etc.).
· Extensive knowledge of total Jabil solutions available for offer.
· Must demonstrate a blend of business and technical acumen, ability to make sound independent business and financial judgment, and the drive to make the big-picture vision a reality
· Extensive program management and technical expertise in server and storage product development
· Ability to lead and drive cross-functional team to deliver the right product and strategy amid established competition
· Must possess the ability to build consensus among multi-disciplinary teams having different interests
· Solid technical background and capable of working with other teams actively on solving technical problems
· Capable of managing product lifecycles from initial business case through customer engagement to the final release to customers
· Strong financial skill knowledge and aptitude (e.g. balance sheet and income statement).
· Jabil tools (Financial system, quote process, etc.).
· Advanced contract and negotiation knowledge/experience at a more strategic level.
· Leadership/people-management skills.
· Strong customer service skills and experience.
· Strong knowledge of global and regional logistics operations and industry.
· Strong proficiency in determining logistics requirements to enable company’s business goals and objectives with ability to devise and implement strategy to achieve targets.
· Strong financial and analytical ability. Proficiency in managing business analytics to determine optimum company footprint.
· Proven track record of successful program management accomplishments, implementing and management continuous productivity and cost reduction programs.
· Strong and convincing communication skills.
· Proficiency in use of personal computers, Microsoft Office products (Excel, Word and PowerPoint) and e-mail skills required.
EDUCATION & EXPERIENCE REQUIREMENTS
· Bachelor's Degree required.
· Degree in Engineering, Physical Sciences or Business Management preferred.
· Eight (8) to ten (10) years work-related experience required, preferably in technical and business management fields.
· Significant previous Business Unit Manager (or equivalent job) work experience preferred.
· Minimum of 5 years management experience required.
· Or an equivalent combination of education, training or experience.