At Jabil we strive to make ANYTHING POSSIBLE and EVERYTHING BETTER. With over 260,000 diverse, talented and dedicated employees across 100 locations in 30 countries, our vision is to be the most technologically advanced and trusted manufacturing solutions provider. We combine an unmatched breadth and depth of end-market experience, technical and design capabilities, manufacturing know-how, supply chain insights and global product management expertise to enable success for the world’s leading brands. We are driven by a common purpose to make a positive impact for each other, our communities, and the environment.
Descripción del Trabajo
The MCN/EDVT Supervisor oversees the process of all Customer Material Change Notice (MCN) cases and sees them through to completion.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES include the following. Other duties may be assigned.
LEADERSHIP AND SUPERVISORY RESPONSIBILITIES
Recruitment and Retention:
· Recruit, interview and hire MCN Coordinators.
· Communicate criteria to recruiters for MCN Coordinator position candidates.
· Monitor team member turnover; identify key factors that can be improved; make improvements.
Employee and Team Development:
· Identify individual and team strengths and development needs on an ongoing basis.
· Create and/or validate training curriculum in area of responsibility.
· Coach and mentor MCN Coordinator staff to deliver excellence to every internal and external customer.
· Create and manage succession plans for MCN Coordinator functions.
· Establish clear measurable goals and objectives by which to determine individual and team results (i.e. operational metrics, results against project timelines, training documentation, attendance records, knowledge of operational roles and responsibilities, personal development goals).
· Solicit ongoing feedback from business unit management, peers and team member on team member’s contribution to the team.
· Provide ongoing coaching and counseling to team member based on feedback.
· Perform team member evaluations professionally and on time.
· Drive individuals and the team to continuously improve in key operational metrics and the achievement of the organizational goals.
· Coordinate activities of large teams and keep them focused in times of crises.
· Ensure recognition and rewards are managed fairly and consistently in area of responsibility.
· Provide communication forum for the exchange of ideas and information with the department.
· Organize verbal and written ideas clearly and use an appropriate business style.
· Ask questions; encourage input from team members.
· Assess communication style of individual team members and adapt own communication style accordingly.
TECHNICAL MANAGEMENT RESPONSIBILITIES
· Own all opened and closed all MCN cases for all Cisco products within Jabil. Some requiring EDVT testing in either Florida or Penang
· Act as the primary point of contact with the customer for all MCN/EDVT issues.
· Interface with the customer daily.
· Use the customer’s computer system on a daily basis.
· Travel to both the customer’s site and to Penang.
· Facilitate presentations at the customers site at the Director level.
· Communicate with internal and customer Component Engineering teams, Suppliers and Vendors regarding qualification requirements, component changes and supporting documents
· Exchange current information to Workcell
· Reassign cases to E-NPIE (Electrical-New Product Introduction Engineer) as required
· Track MCN cases for schedule in conjunction with overall MCN process
· Coordinate ordering and shipment of samples from suppliers for qualification purposes
· Coordinate internal processing/receiving of samples for qualification purposes
· Track and communicate MCN status with Customer Engineering on monthly basis
· Generate and track deviations for EDVT (Extended Design Verification Test) and Production qualifications
· Generate and track Requests for EDVT (Extended Design Verification Test)
· Coordinate and follow up on qualification status with Production site
· Track End of Life activities created by MCN Load and verify customer Bill of Material.
· Generate and present weekly, bi-weekly and monthly MCN and EDVT metrics in detail using but not limited to tools such as charts, graphs and presentations as required by Business Unit
· Coordinate, track and/or communicate status of qualifications for all Jabil/Customer production sites
· Foresee and coordinate opportunities for additional Jabil Global support with customer
· Adhere to all safety and health rules and regulations associated with this position and as directed by supervisor.
· Comply and follow all procedures within the company security policy
Bachelor’s degree from four-year college or university OR minimum of three years related experience and/or training; Travel domestically and internationally required.
Jabil, including its subsidiaries, is an equal opportunity employer and considers qualified applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identify, age, disability, genetic information, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
BE AWARE OF FRAUD: When applying for a job at Jabil you will be contacted via correspondence through our official job portal with a jabil.com e-mail address; direct phone call from a member of the Jabil team; or direct e-mail with a jabil.com e-mail address. Jabil does not request payments for interviews or at any other point during the hiring process. Jabil will not ask for your personal identifying information such as a social security number, birth certificate, financial institution, driver’s license number or passport information over the phone or via e-mail. If you believe you are a victim of identity theft, contact your local police department. Any scam job listings should be reported to whatever website it was posted in.