Descripción del Trabajo
Provide equipment and process support (including machine maintenance) to printed circuit assembly lines.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES include the following. Other duties may be assigned.
· Maintain and develop machine programs, part definition (PD) files and machine set-ups.
· Optimize machine programs and set-ups to meet or exceed theoretical product run-rate.
· Observe machine and line performance and determine the necessary steps needed to achieve optimum line efficiency and product quality.
· Monitor CIQ, TARS, ICT Diagnostic defect analysis sheet, feeder data (and other available sources of information) continuously for tracking and gauging machine and process performance.
· Maintain and repair all SMT equipment on assigned line(s).
· Determine when necessary machine repairs are needed and perform out-of-cycle maintenance.
· Perform ‘as-required’ preventative maintenance of SMT equipment on assigned line(s).
· Perform initial diagnosis of non-SMT equipment on assigned line(s), and execute repairs within skill level. Escalate more complex issues to Industrial Techs, and provide assistance as needed to accomplish repairs.
· Assist Machine Operators on assigned line(s) by providing ongoing training and direction.
· Assist with machine operation in order to expedite changeover, cover breaks, or otherwise improve line efficiency.
· Interface with Line Supervisors, Manufacturing Engineers and Machine Support Manager to determine corrective actions needed, and be the front line person in ensuring that assigned line(s) performs with the maximum efficiency and product quality.
· Provide training to Manufacturing Engineering Tech I employees.
· Assist Manufacturing Engineers in achieving optimum process performance by measuring and / or optimizing of reflow profiles, wave solder profiles, and screen printing of solder paste.
· Provide recommendations for designing, fabricating and / or modifying necessary tooling, and product design for manufacturability (DFM) improvements.
· Provide daily ‘pass-down’ reports to Project Engineer, Manufacturing Engineer and the Manufacturing Engineering Technician on the following shift.
· Adhere to all safety and health rules and regulations associated with this position and as directed by supervisor.
· Comply with all procedures within the company security policy.
In addition to above requirements, METII will program, calibrate, perform maintenance, and operate as needed non-SMT equipment including wave solder machines, selective soldering machines, coating equipment, Parylene chambers, all PCBA Wash equipment, stencil wash, chemical cleaners, ovens, presses, irons, heaters, Prep equipment. Assist in equipment moves including achieving forklift certification. Must be able to be respirator certified for use.
Candidate must be able to perform hands-on equipment preventive maintenance and repair to all equipment listed.
Associate’s degree preferred; or minimum of two years related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
Ability to read and comprehend simple instructions, short correspondence, and memos. Ability to write simple correspondence. Read and understand visual aid. Ability to effectively present information in one-on-one and small group situations to customers, clients, and other employees of the organization.
Must be able to calculate quantity of parts to be prepped and ready for use at any time. Ability to add and subtract two digit numbers and to multiply and divide with 10's and 100's.
Ability to apply common sense understanding to carry out simple one- or two-step instructions. Ability to deal with standardized situations with only occasional or no variables.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Individual may be required to sit, stand or walk. Reaching, bending, loading, and unloading of boards and reels is mandatory, as is lifting of up to 35 lbs. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision and use of microscope and/or magnifying glass.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Individual’s primary workstation is located on the manufacturing floor. The noise level in the work environment is moderate.
Successful applicants will have to fulfill all prerequisites for contracts. Certain position may require US Citizenship.