Descripción del Trabajo
At Jabil we strive to make ANYTHING POSSIBLE and EVERYTHING BETTER. With over 260,000 diverse, talented, and dedicated employees across 100 locations in 30 countries, our vision is to be the most technologically advanced and trusted manufacturing solutions provider. We combine an unmatched breadth and depth of end-market experience, technical and design capabilities, manufacturing know-how, supply chain insights and global product management expertise to enable success for the world’s leading brands. We are driven by a common purpose to make a positive impact for each other, our communities, and the environment.
Jabil is seeking a highly qualified Lead Mechanical Engineer to lead the Process Engineering department in operating with a high level of efficiency, integrity, and enthusiasm. This is a highly visible position with opportunity to work with global cross functional teams to develop and implement processes.
Essential duties and responsibilities
- Directs Manufacturing Engineering Technicians on their assigned lines in the observation of machine and line performance and provide guidance in the determination of the necessary steps to achieve optimum machine and process efficiency.
- Provides mentoring and training to Manufacturing Engineering Technicians and Manufacturing Engineering Assistants in subjects such as equipment maintenance and repair; machine programming and optimization; and part-data (PD) file creation.
- Assists Manufacturing Engineers in determining optimum process performance by assisting with I.R. reflow profiles, wave solder profiles, screen printing of solder paste, designing and manufacturing of necessary tooling, and suggestions for design for manufacturing (DFM).
- Ensures that data integrity functions such as program and PD back-ups are completed regularly on all lines in assigned plant(s).
- Strives to achieve excellence in all endeavors.
- Be a creative and proactive contributor on the management team, always focused on continuous improvement.
- May perform other duties and responsibilities as assigned.
In your role you will be responsible for the following:
- Interfaces with Line Supervisors, Machine Support Manager, and Manufacturing Engineers to determine corrective actions needed to optimize machine efficiency and effectiveness (yields).
- Creates, documents and implements procedures that ensure continued operational excellence throughout the plant(s).
- Ability to define problems, collect data, establish facts, and draw valid conclusions.
- Ability to debug and conduct root cause analysis in mechanical functionality.
Successful candidate will bring the following knowledge, skills, and abilities
- Knowledge of manufacturing processes
- Ability to operate a personal computer including using a Windows based operating system and related software.
Knowledge and experience qualifications
- Bachelor's degree highly preferred in Engineering disciple i.e. Mechanical, Electrical
- 5+ years of directly related experience i.e. Manufacturing Engineer, Process Engineer, Mechanical Engineer, Industrial Engineer
- 5+ years of Design for Manufacturing (DFM) and/or med device environment
- Expertise with mechanical inspection tools
- High level assembly/ troubleshooting experience required,
- Supervisory and/or leadership skills preferred
- Debug and Root cause analysis required
- PCB experience (nice to have).