Descripción del Trabajo
A Principal Mechanical Design Engineer leads design teams focused on significant and unique design projects and challenges. Delivers projects through the entire product development process into production. As a Principal, you will be expected to demonstrate a level of expertise in a particular area that matches or exceeds the expertise of customers. Consults on system architectures, assess technical requirements and competencies needed during quoting and oversee design progressions during product developments. Mentors and leads others in the organization to build team members design capability.
Ideal Candidate will have experience in Energy Storage System (ESS) design.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Leads complex mechanical product design and validation on significantly challenging and sometimes unique product applications
- Leads new and unique mechanical design and electronic packaging challenges utilizing standard tools
- Delivers solutions that require multiple Mechanical design expertise across multiple ME competencies with limited supervision.
- Leads system architecture analysis and clarify design requirements to define the appropriate Mechanical/Thermal architecture for the design team.
- Evaluating/selecting mechanical components, and makes recommendations to Supply Chain and component engineering, regarding roadmaps and feature enhancements
- Communicates technical aspects of a project effectively to internal/external customers, and can lead some customer engagements.
- Lead design innovations and potential patentable solutions
- Lead resolution of complex design issues and manages design trade-offs
- Train/coach other engineers in design analysis and tools
MANAGEMENT & SUPERVISORY RESPONSIBILITIES
- Typically reports to Management. Direct supervisor job title(s) typically include: Design Manager or Group Lead
- Job is NOT directly responsible for managing other employees (e.g., hiring/termination and/or pay decisions, performance management).
TECHNICAL KNOWLEDGE & SKILLS
- Coordinates with professional networks to answer unique issues related to Industry or specific sector, regulatory and safety standards.
- Broad knowledge developing high complexity projects that have required multiple Mechanical Engineering Design specializations or competencies: Tolerance Analysis, DFM, Serviceability
- In-depth knowledge and use of key development tools and design standards: 3D CAD, Finite Element Analysis, Tolerances, Advanced Manufacturing Principles, Interference Checks
- Ideal Candidate will have experience in Energy Storage System (ESS) design.
NON TECHNICAL KNOWLEDGE & SKILLS
- Influence others and share best practices
- Effectively communicate with good understanding of English.
- Work as part of a global team
- Assess a project and articulating risk while developing project milestones.
- Develop projects in a stage-gate process (PLCQ)
- Mentor less experienced engineers.
- Leads ME projects with multiple engineers assigned.
- Leads cross-functional and ME design reviews
EDUCATION & EXPERIENCE REQUIREMENTS
- Mechanical Engineering Degree (BSME/MSME/PHD or equivalent experience)
- 12+ years experience in mech design and / or verification or other key competency
- Regular business hours. Some additional hours may be required.
- Travel requirements: Domestic and/or Global, up to 20%
- Climate controlled office environment during normal business hours.