Descripción del Trabajo
Build your career with Jabil! We challenge and empower you to make most of your talents, working with outstanding colleagues from diverse backgrounds who share your drive and passion to make Jabil grow!
This position is for A shift, which is 6AM to 6PM Sunday through Tuesday and every other Wednesday.
The Tool Crib Technician is responsible for the timely processing of maintenance and tool orders, tool crib inventory, and supplier management, and tool crib inventory management.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Ensure inventory quantity accuracy is maintained through cycle counting, work order review, good record keeping, and prompt resolution of discrepancies.
- Compare nomenclature, stock numbers, equipment drawing and other listed information with catalogs, manuals, parts lists, and similar references to verify correctness of tool crib inventory items.
- Work with equipment engineers and maintenance planners to ensure stock levels are maintained and adequate to prevent machine downtime.
- Support the maintenance technicians by locating and issuing equipment parts and materials.
- Help maintain equipment parts lists for assets in the Maximo system.
- Place purchase requisitions. Receive and stock spare parts, materials, and consumables.
- Provides back up for the maintenance planners as required.
- Provides assistance in asset management and tracking.
- Drive cost improvements in the Tool Crib.
- Some lifting and use of pallet jacks is required.
- Comply and follow all procedures within the company policy.
- May perform other duties and responsibilities as assigned.
- Independent and self-responsible
- Ability to effectively present information and respond to questions from managers, engineers, technicians and peers.
- Ability to define problems, collect data, establish facts, and draw valid conclusions.
- Ability to operate a personal computer including using a Windows based operating system and related software.
- Advanced PC skills, including training and knowledge of Jabil’s software packages. Experience with Maximo and SAP is desired
- Ability to write, read and comprehend instructions, correspondence, and memos
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE REQUIREMENTS
High School diploma or equivalent required with at least 2 years' experience in a relevant Jabil production position or equivalent external work experience. Experience in a regulated manufacturing environment or in a related field preferred.