Descripción del Trabajo
At Jabil we strive to make ANYTHING POSSIBLE and EVERYTHING BETTER. With over 260,000 diverse, talented and dedicated employees across 100 locations in 30 countries, our vision is to be the most technologically advanced and trusted manufacturing solutions provider. We combine an unmatched breadth and depth of end-market experience, technical and design capabilities, manufacturing know-how, supply chain insights and global product management expertise to enable success for the world’s leading brands. We are driven by a common purpose to make a positive impact for each other, our communities, and the environment.
Opportunity Made Better Made Possible - are you ready to join the team?
JOB SUMMARY - Project Manager
Our Project Manager will lead and support assigned projects, programs and initiatives applying project management expertise to support the company and group’s strategy. Manage assigned projects through the various stages of the project lifecycle, from concept to implementation. This includes developing SOW, business proposals, functional requirements, project plan w/milestones, financials, and implementation plan. Provide management and guidance toward successful collaboration with multi-functional groups and direct project team responsible for implementation of Jabil’s strategies.
In your role you will
· Define concise goals and objectives within a project framework
· Ensure all project requirements and/or objectives are correctly gathered, understood and properly translated for execution.
· Recognize project Key Performance Indicators and manage the work within scope, quality, time and cost constraints
· Conduct project risk reviews and appropriate mitigation
· Facilitate communication as appropriate to all involved and "manage" the stakeholders. This includes escalate issues to the next level of management
· Forecast project budget and staffing needs for current and future site needs
· Accountable for overall project success - including cost, schedule, quality, and scope management.
· Manage the overall budget of assigned projects.
· Accountable for customer satisfaction / relationship both internal and external as deemed relative or necessary to project success.
· Understand and exceed customer (internal or external) needs and expectations.
· Identify creative ways to implement corrective actions in cost effective manner.
· Utilize tools to track changes and identify cost impact for review with senior management.
· Provide feedback to project team and leaders on concerns regarding cost.
· Prepare timely forecasts for projects.
· Compare forward forecast results to historical actual results for trend assessment and analysis.
· Forecast quarterly and annual projects where applicable
· Drive the wider team to continuously improve in key operational metrics and the achievement of the project & organizational goals.
· Develops and owns project plan, establishing a road map with clear dates and clear deliverables.
· Provide regular project updates to project team, relevant departments, stakeholders, project champions and senior leadership as needed.
· Provide weekly communication forum for the exchange of ideas and information for projects including project status, resolving project issues and changes.
· Works with stakeholders to define project road maps and deliverables.
· Clarifies and communicates project objectives and success criteria.
· Establish and maintain communications with both customer personnel and senior management as needed.
· Ensure all sensitive and confidential information is handled appropriately.
· Facilitate communication and education for all interested parties as deemed necessary
· Responsible for managing cross-divisional / cross-functional / cross-cultural teams.
· Builds and structures integrated teams to ensure maximum performance; provides direction and motivation.
· Mentors and coaches project team members. Gives and receives both written and verbal feedback.
· Identify and prepare proposals that close gaps and mitigate risk.
· Adhere to all safety and health rules and regulations associated with this position and as directed by supervisor.
· Comply and follow all procedures within the company security policy.
· May perform other duties and responsibilities as assigned.
JOB QUALIFICATIONS & KNOWLEDGE REQUIREMENTS
· Experience managing multiple projects simultaneously.
· Organize verbal and written ideas clearly and use an appropriate business style.
· Ability to effectively present information to management and/or customer personnel.
· Ability to respond in a timely fashion to common inquiries or complaints.
· Define, develop and implement strategies contribute to the overall company and group strategic direction.
· Demonstrate high performance orientation, detail orientation, market knowledge and sound judgment
· Demonstrate ability to build and leverage partnerships, implement change and manage projects.
· Proficiency in use of personal computers, Microsoft Office products (Excel, Word and PowerPoint) and e-mail skills required.
· Advanced PC skills, including training and knowledge of Jabil’s software packages in an integrated system such as SAP
EDUCATION & EXPERIENCE REQUIREMENTS
· Bachelor’s degree preferred.
· Minimum of 1-2 years experience in project management.
· Previous experience in electronic manufacturing services a plus.
· PMP Certification preferred.