Descripción del Trabajo
Jabil is a product solutions company providing comprehensive design, manufacturing, supply chain and product management services. Operating from over 100 facilities in 29 countries, Jabil delivers innovative, integrated and tailored solutions to customers across a broad range of industries and end-markets, such as automotive, consumer lifestyle and wearable tech, defense and aerospace, connected home and building, industrial and energy, enterprise and infrastructure, healthcare, mobility, packaging and printing.
Jabil is seeking a Software Development Engineer who will directly contribute to the transformative growth within our Enterprise and Infrastructure division by applying unique and innovative approaches to solving problems within a large-scale software production environment. You will be responsible for contributing to the end-to-end architecture, definition, development and production deployment of production software applications and infrastructure spanning multiple customers and manufacturing regions. You will also be responsible for interfacing with internal engineering, manufacturing and quality teams and our end customers to ensure your software deliverables meet the rigorous standards of Jabil’s world-class manufacturing environments.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Definition and collaboration on overall test infrastructure and application architectures.
- Creation of behavioral and high-level software design specifications.
- Development of production infrastructure and related application code.
- Lead and participate in peer/code reviews.
- Contribute and improve software build methodology, procedures, and environment.
- Operational and development support for the software and test infrastructure at production facilities
MANAGEMENT & SUPERVISORY RESPONSIBILITIES
- Reports to Management
- Knowledge of professional software engineering practices for the complete software development life cycle, including coding standards, code reviews, source control management, build processes, testing, and operations.
- Expertise in the following programming/scripting languages: Python, Java, BASH, Ruby, Expect. C, C++, experience a plus.
- Linux development experience with a solid understanding of its fundamentals and internals.
- Well-versed in the following container/virtualization environments: VMware, Docker, Kubernetes.
- Solid understanding of large-scale distributed systems in practice, including multi-tier architectures, application security, monitoring and storage systems.
- Experience with application integration using web services.
- Experience with front-end and back-end Web UI design.
- Experience with common web APIs (REST, XML-RPC).
- Expertise with leading edge networking systems, hardware, software and protocols including but not limited to enterprise ethernet datacenter switching/routing (L1 – L3).
- Strong knowledge of server products including embedded remote management standards, interfaces and applications (IPMI, Redfish).
- Prior experience with code versioning tools (Git preferred).
- Database experience (SQL or similar).
EDUCATION & EXPERIENCE REQUIREMENTS
- BS degree in Electrical/Computer Engineering, Computer Science or related field. MS preferred.
- 5+ years experience in a software development/test capacity with enterprise server, storage or networking products.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Experience working in a multi-site and multi-cultural environments.
- Domestic and/or International travel, up to 10%, may be required.
This job cannot be performed remotely in the state of Colorado.