Descripción del Trabajo
Jabil EMS (Electronic Manufacturing Services) Ireland, Blanchardstown Dublin 15, are looking for a Lead Production Operator to join our Manufacturing Department on the evening shift. This individual should have a good working knowledge of all processes of the manufacturing line and will work in a leadership role supporting the Line Leader.
The individual will be responsible for monitoring the end-to-end process, reacting to yield and quality issues as they occur and pro-actively addressing potential issues. Also responsible for ensuring the line performance is optimized throughout the shift. This will include safety, quality, yield, throughput, material supply, etc.
Key Responsibilities and End Results:
- All Lead Production Operators will be required to support production when required in line with business needs.
- Ensure detailed communication across shifts of production status and priorities, any ongoing issues, and any potential request for support.
- Ensure Line Lead is aware of any items that need to be discussed or raised at daily handover meeting.
- Organise production workflow and ensure employees understand their duties / tasks.
- Maintain timekeeping and records on TMS in a timely manner for payroll purposes.
- Proactively manage absenteeism and attendance and escalate to the Line Lead.
- Monitor employee productivity and provide constructive feedback and coaching.
- Communicate with the team by delivering shift briefs with focus on quality, cost & delivery, and gatherings ideas for improvement.
- Ensure adherence to company policies and procedures.
- Lead by example, ensuring safe work practices are always maintained in line with company policies.
- To supervise lines to ensure all site Safety, Quality, Productivity and Waste management objectives, policies and procedures are met.
- Support and promote continuous improvement and lean manufacturing activities and that these are applied.
- Implement and sustain 5S activities and standards.
- Liaise with planning to execute plan, manage overtime to ensure agreed schedules can be executed in full.
- To assist the Line Lead in managing the line whenever necessary or when instructed and to drive operators in achieving satisfactory level of machine utilization and efficiency with minimum downtime.
- To highlight to Line Leader when there is high fallout.
- Achieve daily standard set by Line Leader and Manufacturing Manager.
- Able to identify and develop potential operators in handling the right equipment at the right time and motivate operators for greater throughput, quality, and efficiency.
- Highlight performance and training issues as appropriate to maximise performance of all employees.
- To monitor and update hourly production status.
- Support Line Lead with all people matters.
- The ability to lead and motivate a team of people to succeed by utilising appropriate interpersonal styles including leading by example, setting objectives, and defining responsibilities to give a clear sense of direction
- Other ad hoc duties may be assigned.
- Computer literate with intermediate / Advanced MS Office skills.
- Highly motivated and enthusiastic individual with strong communication and interpersonal skills and ability to work with cross functional teams.
- Strong planning & organisational skills and attention to detail.
- Proficiency in the English language is a requirement alongside eligibility to work in Ireland.
- Proven ability to meet deadlines.
- A “can do” work ethic with excellent problem-solving skills.
- Minimum Leaving Certificate required or equivalent. May substitute experience in lieu of educational requirements.
- Minimum Operator II level.
- Supervisory experience is highly advantageous
- Knowledge of lean management systems is essential however, Bronze certification or higher is advantageous
- BS/BA degree in Manufacturing Technology / Mechanical Engineering / Electronical / Electronics / Mechatronics
- Experience in electronic manufacturing environment is highly desirable.
- Experience in leading process improvements / lean manufacturing activities in a manufacturing environment is advantageous