Descripción del Trabajo
Supervises and directs all activities and employees in Inventory Control.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
LEADERSHIP AND MANAGEMENT RESPONSIBILITIES
Recruitment and Retention:
- Recruit and interview Inventory Control staff.
- Communicate criteria to recruiters for Inventory Control position candidates.
- Coach Inventory Control staff in the interviewing/hiring process.
- Monitor team member turnover; identify key factors that can be improved; make improvements.
Employee and Team Development:
- Identify individual and team strengths and development needs on an ongoing basis.
- Create and/or validate training curriculum in area of responsibility.
- Coach and mentor Inventory Control staff to deliver excellence to every internal and external customer.
- Create and manage succession plans for Inventory Control function.
- Establish clear measurable goals and objectives by which to determine individual and team results (i.e. operational metrics, results against project timelines, training documentation, attendance records, knowledge of operational roles and responsibilities, personal development goals).
- Solicit ongoing feedback from Workcell Manager (WCM), Business Unit Manager (BUM), peers and team member on team member’s contribution to the Workcell team. Provide ongoing coaching and counseling to team member based on feedback.
- Express pride in staff and encourage them to feel good about their accomplishments.
- Perform team member evaluations professionally and on time.
- Drive individuals and the team to continuously improve in key operational metrics and the achievement of the organizational goals.
- Coordinate activities of large teams and keep them focused in times of crises.
- Ensure recognition and rewards are managed fairly and consistently in area of responsibility.
- Provide weekly communication forum for the exchange of ideas and information with the department.
- Organize verbal and written ideas clearly and use an appropriate business style.
- Ask questions; encourage input from staff.
- Assess communication style of individual team members and adapt own communication style accordingly.
FUNCTIONAL MANAGEMENT RESPONSIBILITIES
Business Strategy and Direction:
- Know and understand the campus strategic directions.
- Define, develop and implement an Inventory Control strategy, which contributes to the campus strategic directions.
- Develop an understanding of the Workcell business strategy as it pertains to Inventory Control.
- Provide regular updates to BUM, WCM, and Operations Manager on the execution of the strategy.
- Identify creative ways to reduce cost by streamlining processes and systems (i.e. modification of responsibilities or consolidation of tasks, elimination of non-value-added processes, or complete re-engineering of processes and systems).
- Utilize tools to monitor departmental cost and cost trends, striving continuously to improve value.
- Provide feedback to peers (BUMs, WCMs, Functional Managers (FMs) on cost and cost trends.
TECHNICAL MANAGEMENT RESPONSIBILITIES
- Monitor performance of the department and assure optimum performance. To achieve this, utilize existing procedures, or develop and implement revisions or new procedures as deemed necessary.
- Drive inspection out of the process and thereby increase the percentage of dock-to-stock material.
- Drive for shortest processing time possible on all received material and continually improve the processing time performance. Recommend overtime or other recovery methods as necessary.
- Maintain appropriate levels of operational supplies and support equipment.
- Assure that all tools, equipment, and visual aids necessary for efficient and accurate completion of pertinent tasks are in proper working order and of the latest revision.
- Provide frequent and accurate feedback to the Inventory Control and Quality departments and assist with problem solving associated with schedules, equipment, documentation, and personnel.
- Continually interface with all departmental supervisors, support functions, engineering, program management, and other pertinent functions within the plant operations.
- Supervises and coordinates activities related to verifying and keeping records of outgoing shipments, including verification and inspection of shipments
- Ensures accuracy of record keeping and actual stock in the stockroom.
- Ensures that the production line receives the correct parts for manufacturing.
- Ensure all material is stocked promptly and accurately.
- Eliminate errors that can impact performance against budget and efficiency of department.
- Recommend capital equipment and human resource changes in the area where appropriate.
- Adhere to all safety and health rules and regulations associated with this position and as directed by supervisor.
- Comply and follow all procedures within the company security policy.
- May perform other duties and responsibilities as assigned.
- Ability to read, analyze, interpret and communicate regarding common scientific and/or technical journals, financial reports, and legal documents.
- Ability to respond to common inquiries or complaints from customers, regulatory agencies, or members of the business community.
- Ability to effectively present information to top management.
- Advanced PC skills, including training and knowledge of Jabil’s software packages.
- Ability to calculate figures and amounts such as discounts, interest, commissions, proportions, percentages, area, circumference, and volume.
- Ability to apply concepts of basic algebra and geometry.
- Ability to solve practical problems and deal with a variety of concrete variables in situations where only limited standardization exists.
- Ability to interpret a variety of instructions furnished in written, oral, diagram, or schedule form.
- Strong knowledge of global and regional logistics operations and industry.
- Strong proficiency in determining logistics requirements to enable company’s business goals and objectives with ability to devise and implement strategy to achieve targets.
- Strong financial and analytical ability. Proficiency in managing business analytics to determine optimum company footprint.
- Strong knowledge of international direct and indirect taxes as well as global customs regimes.
- Proven track record of successful change management accomplishments, implementing and management continuous productivity and cost reduction programs.
- Strong and convincing communication skills.
- Proficiency in use of personal computers, Microsoft Office products (Excel, Word and PowerPoint) and e-mail skills required.
EDUCATION & EXPERIENCE REQUIREMENTS
- Bachelor’s degree preferred; and five years’ experience in Medical Manufacturing.
- Or a combination of education, experience and/or training.