Descripción del Trabajo
Under general supervision, responsible for operations, repairs, adjustments, and ongoing maintenance of facilities and production equipment containing chemicals. The Chemical Maintenance Technician is a creative and proactive contributor, focused on continued improvement. This role will be the immediate responder to any and all incidents of equipment failures and possible chemical containment.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Implements new processes including new material development and chemical liquid testing and inspecting.
- Edits standard operating procedures (SOP) for operating new processes. Ensures new product research and development results are in line with company goals and meets customer needs
- Follows program schedule to develop new material and chemical liquids.
- Defines best parameters for production to ensure quality of product is stable.
- Assists in writing accurate production documentation for SOP.
- Develops parameter file and improves operating practices.
- Collects, analyzes and summarizes yield rate of equipment and related experimental data to ensure production equipment runs efficiently and effectively.
- Perform electrical and mechanical repairs of fixtures and equipment on company premises keeping in mind the chemical hazards that he/she might be encountering or causing
- Oversee installation, relocation and reinstallation of new and/or existing equipment with a mind set of limiting/controlling safety exposures
- Following work instructions to operate equipment to meet production schedule demands
- Track machine operational efficiency through log and note taking
- Perform simple engineering calculations for equipment
- Update mechanical prints when changes mandate
- Submit proposals and recommendations to department supervisor for upgrades or changes
- Perform preventative maintenance and maintain maintenance records for each piece of equipment responsible for
- Troubleshoot and conduct periodic inspections to determine maintenance work required
- Follow Preventive Maintenance Instructions and ensure that the records for such are properly documented
- Strict adherence to all environmental, safety and health rules and regulations associated with this position and as directed by supervisor
- Comply and follow all procedures within the company security policy
- First responder to equipment failures and deployment of containment actions
- May perform shift lead duties as assigned and distribute work to others as asked by management.
- Other duties may be assigned
MANAGEMENT & SUPERVISORY RESPONSIBILITIES
Typically reports to Management. Direct supervisor job title(s) typically include: Manager, Sr. Manager
Job is NOT directly responsible for managing other employees (e.g., hiring/termination and/or pay decisions, performance management).
EDUCATION & EXPERIENCE REQUIREMENTS
- High school diploma or equivalent plus two or four-year technical degree preferred
- Typically requires a minimum of 6 years’ experience in a similar role and displays team leadership skills.
- Or an equivalent combination of education, training or experience