Descripción del Trabajo
Build your career with Jabil! We challenge and empower you to make most of your talents, working with outstanding colleagues from diverse backgrounds who share your drive and passion to make Jabil grow!
- Performs mold repair work on cavities and cores due to damage or wear. Notes any changes to molds, inserts, parts, etc. Must document work and keep accurate records.
- Mechanically minded ability to solve machine issues.
- Troubleshoot machine issues
- Lays out, fabricates and assembles metalworking dies, molds, and machine tool fixtures by analyzing blueprints, sketches, models and engineering or shop specification.
- Uses a variety of machinist’s hand tools and precision measuring instruments.
- Sets up and operates lathes, milling machines, electrical discharge machines, surface and cylindrical grinders
- Computes dimensions; determines machining and material or parts required.
- Perform precision work to exacting tolerances and dimensions.
- Recommend revisions in design and/or substitutions in material based on “machine-ability” or fabrication problems encountered.
- Solve problems relating to unusual material, work-holding arrangements, machine settings, fabrication methods, and production process.
- Monitor and verify quality in accordance with statistical process or other control procedures.
- May provide guidance to lower level toolmakers.
- Stones and polishes mold components.
- Maintains work area in a neat and orderly condition.
- Support all company safety and quality programs and initiatives.
- Other responsibilities may be assigned from time to time as needed, based on the evolution of the company and the requirements of the department/position.
Jabil, including its subsidiaries, is an equal opportunity employer and considers qualified applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identify, age, disability, genetic information, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.