At Jabil we strive to make ANYTHING POSSIBLE and EVERYTHING BETTER. With over 260,000 diverse, talented and dedicated employees across 100 locations in 30 countries, our vision is to be the most technologically advanced and trusted manufacturing solutions provider. We combine an unmatched breadth and depth of end-market experience, technical and design capabilities, manufacturing know-how, supply chain insights and global product management expertise to enable success for the world’s leading brands. We are driven by a common purpose to make a positive impact for each other, our communities, and the environment.
Descripción del Trabajo
Responsible for the verification testing, diagnosing and repairing of electronic circuit board assemblies.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
· Diagnose and repair to basic powered functional test failures (power, traffic, network issues) to a component level on electronic circuit board assemblies while maintaining minimal quantities of Engineering and Component hold assemblies.
· Exhibit proficiency in the use of electronic test and measurement equipment.
· Understand and utilize assembly documentation such as but not limited to the following; Schematics, BOM’s, EC documents, Visuals, Debug, Testing tools and procedures.
· Assist Test Engineering department in an ongoing data evaluation program for improving the efficiency of the diagnosis of assemblies.
· Understand, recognize and execute Jabil production requirements, rules, policies and procedures.
· Work as a team member to achieve Diagnostic department’s process yield goals.
· Adhere to all safety and health rules and regulations associated with this position and as directed by supervisor.
· Comply and follow all procedures within the company security policy.
· May perform other duties and responsibilities as assigned.
· Ability to work with mathematical concepts such as probability and statistical inference, and fundamentals of plane and solid geometry and trigonometry.
· Ability to effectively present information and respond to questions from groups of managers, clients, customers, and the general public.
· Ability to define problems, collect data, establish facts, and draw valid conclusions.
· Ability to operate a personal computer including using a Windows based operating system and related software.
· Advanced PC skills, including training and knowledge of Jabil’s software packages.
· Ability to write simple correspondence. Read and understand visual aid.
· Ability to apply common sense understanding to carry out simple one- or two-step instructions.
· Ability to deal with standardized situations with only occasional or no variables.
· Ability to read and comprehend simple instructions, short correspondence, and memos.
· Ability to add, subtract, multiply, and divide in all units of measure, using whole numbers, common fractions, and decimals.
· Ability to compute rate, ratio, and percent and to draw and interpret graphs.
- Ability to constantly stand and move around department, required.
- Moderate walking, frequent stooping, bending, and reaching required.
- Lifts, carries, pulls, and pushes up to 35 pounds frequently.
- The candidate must be able to work in an industrial environment with the possibility of exposure to noise and dust.
Jabil, including its subsidiaries, is an equal opportunity employer and considers qualified applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identify, age, disability, genetic information, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
- mid level knowledge in Linux commands
- mid level knowledge in BMC/IPMI
- Proven debug efficiency above in Burn In 78%
BE AWARE OF FRAUD: When applying for a job at Jabil you will be contacted via correspondence through our official job portal with a jabil.com e-mail address; direct phone call from a member of the Jabil team; or direct e-mail with a jabil.com e-mail address. Jabil does not request payments for interviews or at any other point during the hiring process. Jabil will not ask for your personal identifying information such as a social security number, birth certificate, financial institution, driver’s license number or passport information over the phone or via e-mail. If you believe you are a victim of identity theft, contact the Federal Bureau of Investigations internet crime hotline (www.ic3.gov), the Federal Trade Commission identity theft hotline (www.identitytheft.gov) and/or your local police department. Any scam job listings should be reported to whatever website it was posted in.