Descripción del Trabajo
Using established procedures is responsible for new engineering design, able to extract requirements and determine steps to implement reference design implementation or design modifications of existing product. An Engineer II will have a good understanding of design process, able to develop & execute validation test plans and proficient in at least one CAD tool associated with their discipline.
Should be able to design mechanical parts / subsystems unassisted from start to finish. Should be able to perform a variety of applicable manual analysis for problem solving. Should be familiar with commonly used manufacturing and tooling processes and how to effectively design parts for them.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- At the appropriate process phase gates, will create, gather & enter the complete design package data into our PDM system.
- Design and development of complex systems for medical technology using 2D and 3D CAD
- Mastering and Creation of production drawings according to Jabil standards
- Independent development of solutions and possible variants
- Coordination and processing of change requests
- Responsible for the timely completion of the tasks
- Member of project teams for new products and process improvement.
- Technical support for the production department
- Construction and drawing of devices and tools according to the requirements of production as well test devices according to the requirements of the Q department
- Work with manager and/or PM to provide information that will aid in the initial quoting process.
- Provide technical support for all manufacturing builds including engineering prototypes, NPI & production releases.
- Stay abreast of the latest technology and techniques to provide designs that are competitive and cost effective.
- Comply and follow all procedures within the company security policy.
- May perform other duties and responsibilities as assigned.
Required languages: Fluent Italian and English; German (optional)
Ability to work with mathematical concepts such as probability and statistics, and fundamentals of plane and solid geometry and trigonometry. Ability to apply concepts such as fractions, percentages, ratios, and proportions to practical situations.
Ability to define problems, collect data, establish facts, and draw valid conclusions. Ability to interpret an extensive variety of technical instructions in mathematical or diagram form and deal with several abstract and concrete variables. Ability to develop mathematical models of physical reality and solve them, then implement the results.
COMPLEMENTARY SKILLS OR EXPERIENCES
- Good knowledge of 2D and 3D CAD (PRO / Engineer - CREO)
- Agile PLM, GD&T, SAP, Office applications
- Project management
- Experience in automation (hydraulics and pneumatics)
EDUCATION & EXPERIENCE REQUIREMENTS
- Bachelor's degree in Engineering from an accredited four-year college or university
- Minimum of 3-4 years of related experience and/or training
- Specific requirements as defined by market sector
- Or an equivalent combination of education, training or experience.
- Regular business hours. Some additional hours may be required.
- Travel requirements: Domestic and/or International, up to 25%.
- Climate controlled office environment during normal business hours.