Descripción del Trabajo
The Benefits Specialist is a member of the Human Resources team. This role is located in the Plant and provides local support for a variety of functions relating to benefits administration at the local level. The specialist will be primarily accountable for researching, analyzing, evaluating, and administering benefit plans/programs at the local level.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
· Supports the management of corporate and local benefits programs for employees.
· Provides support on Immigration issues for expatriate personnel.
· Supports and oversees compliance of all governmental regulations related to employee benefits.
· Provides support on the management of insurance or employee benefits vendors.
· Researches, analyzes, evaluates, and administers corporate benefit plans/programs.
· Assist with administration of employee benefit programs including determining eligibility, enrolling employees and their dependents in the plans, and maintaining proper documentation.
· Correspond with employees concerning benefits continuation/terminations, etc.
· Investigate and resolve benefit issues between employees and benefit carriers.
· Develop HR Procedures, policies and forms to better facilitate the enrollment process and administration of the plans.
· Comply and follow all procedures within the company security policy.
· May perform other duties and responsibilities as assigned.
· Knowledge of applicable government or country regulations and policies pertaining to employee benefits
· Knowledge of Family Medical Leave Act (FMLA), COBRA and HIPAA rules and regulations (US Only)
· Proficiency in use of personal computers, Microsoft Office products (Excel, Word and PowerPoint) and e-mail skills required.
EDUCATION & EXPERIENCE REQUIREMENTS
· High School Diploma required. Bachelor's Degree preferred.
· Minimum of 2 years work-related experience in Benefits Administration, Human Resources or related field.
· Experience maintaining accurate and confidential records.
· Or an equivalent combination of education, experience and/or training.