Descripción del Trabajo
Job Description – Regional Commodity Manager (Mechanical)
Location: US Remote
At Jabil we strive to make ANYTHING POSSIBLE and EVERYTHING BETTER. With over 260,000 diverse, talented and dedicated employees across 100 locations in 30 countries, our vision is to be the most technologically advanced and trusted manufacturing solutions provider. We combine an unmatched breadth and depth of end-market experience, technical and design capabilities, manufacturing know-how, supply chain insights and global product management expertise to enable success for the world’s leading brands. We are driven by a common purpose to make a positive impact for each other, our communities, and the environment.
Opportunity Made Better Made Possible - are you ready to join the team?
Our Regional Commodity Manager will develop and participate in a Global Team of Commodity Managers to ensure excellence by developing tools, metrics and strategies that meet the business needs in Mechanical Commodities (Plastic Injection, Metal Stamping & Fabrication, Welding, Die Casting, Forgings, etc.).
IN YOUR ROLE YOU WILL:
· Develop, implement and measure a Regional Business plan that fully meets the needs of our business sectors (i.e. commodity strategies, supply base development, Regional infrastructure, price management etc.).
· Demonstrate expertise in assigned commodities and fully competent in all aspects of supply chain Management including commodities not directly assigned.
· Develop a Regional Commodity infrastructure that supports Jabil’s business and growth plans.
· Develop the supply base to exceed the goals and objectives of Jabil and the supply chain management team.
· Market Jabil’s Supply Chain Management expertise both internally and externally.
· Define; Develop and implement supply chain models to meet Jabil’s business needs..
· Analyze market conditions and implement supply chain strategies to assure best in class supply and price competition.
· Be a leader in ensuring that Jabil maximizes our purchase leverage for the best total cost of ownership.
· Develop effective relationships with Business Unit Management to ensure that Supply Chain Management is fully involved with new business opportunities.
· Drive continuous improvement through trend reporting analysis and metrics management.
· Offer new, innovative and entrepreneurial ideas and suggestions for improvement. Identify and implement new practices and processes that are “best in class.”
· Demonstrate a commitment to customer service; anticipate, meet, and exceed expectations by solving problems quickly and effectively; making customer issues a priority.
· Ensure 100% adherence to all company policies and procedures (i.e. Health and Safety, Quality).
· Ensure all sensitive and confidential information is handled appropriately.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Supply Chain Management or related field preferred.
- 5+ years of supply chain experience in Mechanical Commodities (Plastic Injection, Metal Stamping & Fabrication, Welding, Die Casting, Forgings, etc.).
- Ability to travel domestically and internationally ~20%.
- Proven track record of Supplier Identification and Development.
- Product Development Experience and Engineering background preferred.