Descripción del Trabajo
The Regional EHS Manager is an operational role reporting to the Director of EHS, supporting the global EHS strategy, initiatives and compliance oversight for assigned factories. Responsible to manage, plan and implement regional level environmental health and safety programs and systems to assure due diligence of regulatory and internal expectations.
This role is responsible for the development and performance of some global programs and systems, support for global and regional EH&S including KPI monitoring, trending and reporting; GHG reporting, emissions reductions; best practice proliferation, cost reduction, EICC EHS programs and audits.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
· Build regional and global talent in EHS discipline
· Assist in recruiting and development of site EHS experts, as needed.
· Identify individual and team strengths and development needs on a regular, ongoing basis.
· Ensure effective performance measurement techniques to assess direct report performance
· Identify and develop succession plan
· Coach and mentor staff to deliver on time excellence to every internal and external customer
· Ensure regular and effective communication with direct staff as well as site EH&S professionals.
· Responsible for reports to Director and Operations Managers. Both rapid responses to risk when requested and the performance of EHS programs and initiatives.
· Implement global EHS programs, policies, procedures
· Represent global EHS strategy at assigned factories and drive integration and accountability as critical component of business success
· Measure and report EHS initiatives and activities
· Identify and mitigate internal risk, anticipate new risks
· Assist in establishing technical leadership, adopting the standards and technologies that enable best-in-class working environment related to EHS
· Support sites by performing EHS Audits – mentoring site EHS resources in the mitigation of compliance gaps and general EHS risk.
· Provide technical guidance for M&A activities and oversight to projects requiring external EHS consulting services (MSA).
· Identify creative ways to implement corrective actions in cost effective manner.
· Utilize tools to track changes and identify cost impact and cost avoidance and provide forecasted expenses when needed
Internal working relationships:
· Operate across organizational boundaries driving the company’s EHS policy, strategy and goal implementation with limited direct authority over business leaders who must be influenced
· Work with Director to communicate, influence and build consensus among other senior leadership across the company to advance EHS policies and programs
· Regularly update Director on EHS performance of responsible sites
· Build trusting internal relationships as a central point of contact and expert in EHS decision-making regarding issues affecting company
· Motivate and engage line level employees
External working relationships:
· Assist Director to build effective network to understand common EHS challenges across our industry, enable proactive positioning and strategy development to changes in EHS field, regulations, etc.
· Assist Director to ensure most relevant and updated standards are adopted and deployed, properly assessing impact and garnering support for strategy and/or solution
· May perform other duties and responsibilities as assigned.
· Knowledge of EHS risk, assess to drive actions supporting core values regarding mitigation and prevention related to the health and safety or Jabil employees and the environmental impact of Jabil operations.
· Extremely adept in technical aspects of EHS, proven experience in EHS field.
· Experience dealing with complex and sensitive issues related to EHS
· Emotional, political and business acumen
· Proven ability to influence across organizational boundaries and influence EHS culture
· High level of appreciation for and ability to conceptualize EHS culture
· Working knowledge of ISO 14001 Standard and system
· Proficiency in use of personal computers, Microsoft Office products (Excel, Word and PowerPoint) and e-mail skills required.
EDUCATION & EXPERIENCE REQUIREMENTS
· Bachelor’s degree
· Seven (7) to ten (10) years experience in EHS field, preferably in a global/international, electronic-manufacturing company
· Previous international / global experience a plus
· 5 years experience in leadership/management/supervisory role
· Industry consortium and stakeholder engagement (e.g. government) acumen
Or an equivalent combination of education, experience and / or training.