Descripción del Trabajo
Responsible for the Inspection, Measuring and Test Equipment (IM&TE) process to demonstrate the compliance of equipment to specified requirements for the Jabil Albuquerque site.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Serve as the customer and regulatory agency facing Site Instrument Officer and IM&TE subject matter expert for the Albuquerque site
- Drive improvements in the calibration process and develop calibration capabilities.
- Work collaboratively with calibration technicians to ensure scheduled calibrations, IM&TE assessment requests, and other calibration work is completed accurately and on time.
- Work with external calibration labs to calibrate instruments that cannot be calibrated in-house.
- Assist the engineering community to specify and assess equipment/tools in a manner that ensures measurement uncertainty is known and is consistent with the required measurement capability.
- Select appropriate IM&TE for use as calibration standards for the specified measurements and accuracy required.
- Develop and maintain written calibration procedures.
- Ensure IM&TE equipment used as calibration standards is capable of the accuracy and precision necessary; provide suitable identification record to show the calibration status. Ensure this equipment is properly preserved, stored and handled.
- Ensure environmental conditions are suitable for the calibrations, inspections, measurement, and tests being carried out.
- Maintain calibration records for IM&TE, following established procedures.
- Report discrepancies as required when inspection, measuring and test equipment performance results are unsatisfactory.
- Assess and document the validity of previous inspection and test results when inspection, measuring and test equipment are found to be out of calibration.
- Safeguard IM&TE from adjustments, which would invalidate the calibration setting.
- The Albuquerque site runs 24/7. Job is primarily expected to be first shift, but flexibility to work other shifts and overtime (including occasional weekend) is required.
- Follow all company safety policies and other safety precautions within the lab/shop/manufacturing area and complete all required safety training.
- Other responsibilities may be assigned and not all responsibilities listed may be assigned.
MANAGEMENT & SUPERVISORY RESPONSIBILITIES
- Typically reports to Engineering or Management. Direct supervisor job title(s) typically include: Lead Manufacturing Engineer or Engineering Manager.
- Role is expected to supervise and provide day to day support and direction to calibration technicians.
JOB QUALIFICATIONS KNOWLEDGE REQUIREMENTS
- Interpersonal skills with a focus on customer service.
- Good communication (written and verbal) skills.
- GD&T (geometric dimension and tolerance) knowledge
- Knowledge in IM&TE, and use of calibration work tracking software, Maximo is desired.
- Computer knowledge and proficiency.
- Familiarity with industry standards, ISO 17025, Handbook 44, etc.
- Personal computer literate with skills in Microsoft Office, word processing, spreadsheets, and Jabil developed systems.
EDUCATION & EXPERIENCE REQUIREMENTS
- Bachelor degree Electrical Engineering, Mechanical Engineer or relevant STEM (Science, Technology, Engineering, Mathematics) field.
- 2-4 years’ experience in calibration, metrology, technical manufacturing, laboratory environment preferred.
- Experience in a regulated industry desired, ISO 13485 is a plus
- A combination of electrical and mechanical experience is a plus.
- An equivalent combination of education, training or experience may be considered