Descripción del Trabajo
Responsible to calibrate and maintain Inspection, Measuring and Test Equipment (IM&TE) including software, to demonstrate the conformance of equipment to specified requirement for the operations division, engineering department.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
• Participate in and accept responsibilities relating to a team concept.
• Use equipment/tools in a manner that ensures measurement uncertainty is known and is consistent with the required measurement capability.
• Select appropriate inspection, measuring and test equipment for use as calibration standards for the specified measurements and accuracy required.
• Identify, evaluate and calibrate all inspection, measuring and test equipment that can affect product quality at prescribed intervals, or prior to use, against certified equipment having a known valid relationship to nationally recognized standards--where no such standards exist, the basis used for calibration shall be documented.
• Develop and maintain written calibration procedures.
• Ensure inspection, measuring and test equipment used as calibration standards is capable of the accuracy and precision necessary; provide suitable identification record to show the calibration status. Ensure this equipment is properly preserved, stored and handled.
• Ensure environmental conditions are suitable for the calibrations, inspections, measurements and tests being carried out.
• Maintain calibration records for inspection, measuring and test equipment.
• Report discrepancies as required when inspection, measuring and test equipment performance results are unsatisfactory.
• Assess and document the validity of previous inspection and test results when inspection, measuring and test equipment are found to be out of calibration.
• Safeguard inspection, measuring and test equipment, including test hardware and test software, from adjustments, which would invalidate the calibration setting.
• Perform environmental monitoring and microbiological laboratory activities according to established procedures, including, but not limited to; particle counting, viable air monitoring, bio-hazardous and medical waste decontamination.
• Develop and maintain written laboratory procedures as needed.
• Be able to work all shifts.
• Follow all company safety policies and other safety precautions within the lab/shop/manufacturing area.
• Attend required safety training.
• Promote safety to all associates that enter the work area.
• Other responsibilities may be assigned and not all responsibilities listed may be assigned.
• Environmental – Participate in implementation of the EMS management system including continual improvement; pollution prevention; objectives and targets; and regulatory compliance. Implement and follow all applicable EMS procedures. Adhere to the site’s EHS Code of Conduct.
MANAGEMENT & SUPERVISORY RESPONSIBILITIES
• Job is NOT directly responsible for managing other employees (e.g., hiring/termination and/or pay decisions, performance management).
• Report to Engineer
• Interpersonal skills with a focus on customer service.
• Good communication (written and verbal) skills.
• Knowledge in process controls and EES documentation systems.
• Computer knowledge and proficiency.
• Personal computer literate with skills in word processing, spreadsheets, and EES developed systems.
• Additional experience in programming such as Basic, programmable logic controllers, data bases, spreadsheets and automated data acquisition preferred.
• Working knowledge of GMP / ISO requirements for documentation.
EDUCATION & EXPERIENCE REQUIREMENTS
• Associate’s degree or technical certificate in instrumentation and process control technology preferred.
• Requires 6-8 years’ experience in technical industrial manufacturing or laboratory environment preferred.
• Electrical experience a plus.
• Chemical and microbiological laboratory experience a plus..