Descripción del Trabajo
This position reports to our Defense and Aerospace division and requires US citizenship due to the defense related nature of our business.
The Software Test Engineer I assists in delivering integrated hardware/software solutions to customers including automated production test platforms and embedded designs. The development of Windows and web applications are created to support a wide range of customer/manufacturing requirements. The Software Test Engineer I is a self-motivated engineer who is capable of building and maintaining software applications that support diverse requirements. This role will become part of a highly skilled development organization with a focus on the delivery of high reliability, integrated hardware/software solutions designed to improve Jabil’s internal and external manufacturing processes while enhancing the user experience.
This position develops internal programs and web applications that will be used by the production floor and Test Engineering. These consist of dashboards, portals, and parsers. The engineer in this position will create new applications, support existing applications, and maintain Test Engineering owned servers and hardware. Work is often independent and comes with few design restrictions.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
· Design, develop, and troubleshoot software applications (C# and .NET).
· Design, develop, and troubleshoot test scripts.
· Develop test instrumentation libraries and submit them along with full documentation to the Senior and Principal Software Test Engineers for review.
· Assist in developing and maintaining databases.
· Assist in development, enhancement and support of database applications.
· Assist in data reporting from databases.
· Participate in regular code reviews with Senior and Principal Software Test Engineers.
· Troubleshoot and provide bug fixes for production released software.
· Install, monitor, and manage file and web application servers under the direction of the Senior and Principal Software Test Engineers.
· Assist the Project Manager as well as Senior and Principal Software Test Engineers by providing information that will aid in the software development quoting process.
· Communicate with team members to clarify design requirements and overcome obstacles in order to meet organizational goals.
· Provide input to identify and mitigate technical project risks.
· Participate in regular project reviews with the Principal Software Test Engineer, Project Manager and key project stakeholders.
· Use software versioning and revision control system (such as Subversion) to maintain current and historical versions of all code projects.
· Collaborate with the IT team to complete projects.
· Provide a complete data package to the Project Manager consisting of project requirements, design documentation, and source code.
· Follow department processes and procedures.
· Comply with company security and safety policies.
· May perform other duties and responsibilities as assigned.
· Bachelor's Degree in Computer Science or related field of study.
· Demonstrate a working knowledge and demonstrated ability to handle all stages of SDLC.
· Knowledge and strong experience with TCP/IP networking.
· Demonstrate a working technical knowledge in database design, administration and development.
· Experience developing Windows applications in C# and .NET technologies.
· Understand the concept of multitasking or multi-threaded applications.
· Understand the concept of critical regions as well as methods to protect and avoid critical regions.
· Experience using software versioning and revision control systems.
· Positive team player attitude with excellent verbal and written communication skills.
· High level of motivation to learn new software technologies that will enhance job performance.
· Fundamental understanding of server configuration & management.
Successful applicants will have to fulfill all prerequisites for contracts. Certain position may require US Citizenship.