Descripción del Trabajo
Acts as the primary resource for hardware troubleshooting, maintenance, and system upkeep of automated test systems such as ICT, X-ray inspection machines, and Flying Probe test systems, collaborating closely with managers, test engineers, technicians, planners, system vendors, and their contractors. Responsible for the monitoring of support contracts, calibrations status, and on-site support calls related to these test systems. Serves as a resource to others in the resolution of complex problems and issues, escalating only the most complex issues to vendors/support contractors.
Acts as the primary resource for fixture inspection of production fixturing, ensuring that new/used/modified or enhanced fixtures are following Jabil’s fixture specification standard. Vendors’ inspection reports are verified, documenting any violations requiring needed changes either in-house or by the vendor. All findings are recorded using Fixture Inspection Report and provided to the test engineer for qualification documentation.
Acts as the primary resource for most duties related to automated test systems and fixture inspection.
Provides leadership requiring significant judgment, initiative, creativity, and troubleshooting skills to resolve problems. Aids with training and monitoring the performance of lower-level technicians. Duties and tasks reflect substantial variety and complexity.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Primary resources for hardware troubleshooting, maintenance, and system upkeep of automated test systems such as ICT and X-ray inspection machines
- Monitors equipment support contracts, calibration status and on-site support specific to automated tests systems and fixturing.
- Diagnosis and repairs automated test systems, usually hardware related
- Gathers, interprets, and logs machine related issues into maintenance tracking system; ensures issues are addressed and closed
- Adapts procedures, techniques, tools, materials, and/or equipment to meet requirements
- Inspects production fixturing including new, used, changed, or enhanced fixtures
- Serves as a resource to others in the resolution of complex problems and issues related to fixturing and test systems
- Performs preventative maintenance and calibration of automated test systems, coordinates downtime with the work cell and Planners
- Verifies and keeps an inventory of spare parts, supplies inventory levels of consigned parts to vendor on a regular basis
- Schedules and hosts on-site visits of system vendors and contractors, as needed
- Obtains quotes from vendors for repair and maintenance of systems, spare parts, vendor charges and expenditures; submits purchase requisitions, as needed
- Aids with development of training materials for specific test platforms; trains Engineers, Technicians, and Operators, as needed
- Supports off-shifts and weekends, as needed
- Monitors and maintains Test Engineering lab
- Works safely always and follows Environmental Health and Safety standards and work practices along with all other work rules.
- High School Diploma or equivalent with a technical school certificate or equivalent or Associates Degree in Engineering Technology or Equivalent
- Advanced PC skills (i.e., knowledge of operating file systems, computer hardware, interfacing of control systems, etc.)
- Advanced reading, writing, and math skills are needed (i.e., 12th grade level)
- Ability to work under tight deadlines with often changing priorities and interruptions
- Knowledge of mechanical and electrical systems (e.g., how computers interface with motor controllers, sensors, and other devices)
- Knowledge of machine maintenance
- Ability to read machine schematics
Close vision and extended use of computer monitor and testing circuit boards
May be required to sit or stand for extended periods of time
Occasional lifting of up to 50 lbs.
Bending, squatting, stooping, lifting, and carrying
Primary workstation is in the Test Engineering lab, with substantial time spent each day on the manufacturing floor
Primary work hours are first shift, but schedule is adjusted as needed for maintenance, business needs and unforeseen circumstances.
On-call, as needed and may be needed to provide off-shift support by phone, computer, or in person
Moderate exposure to noisy or dusty environments