Descripción del Trabajo
Performs routine and advanced monitoring and reports of security events in the Jabil enterprise. Administrates security tools and devices and ensures that they are functioning as required. Performs approved device tuning and filtering to increase security tool effectiveness. Participate in investigations by providing required data to Incident response process leaders.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES include the following. Other duties may be assigned.
· Maintain discretion and confidentiality in all areas pertaining to the IT systems, data and proprietary information, whether internal to Jabil or customer specific.
· Exchange knowledge and information with other Jabil facilities to ensure best practices are shared throughout the Jabil organization.
· Demonstrate a commitment to customer service, anticipate, meet and exceed expectations by solving problems quickly and effectively, making customer issues a priority.
· Perform Mentoring and education for security staff members.
· Understand and embrace the business and IT strategic direction.
· Ensure 100% adherence to all company policies and procedures (i.e. Security, Health, Safety, and Quality)
· Participate in projects as assigned.
· Interpret a variety of instructions furnished in written, oral, diagram or schedule form.
· Run daily reports and open tickets as required
· Submit tickets to the Service Desk describing security incidents with supporting information or evidence.
· Make judgments on whether security events are incidents and initiate Incident Response process when necessary.
· Study and Review device security logs.
· Provide assistance with Incident Response investigations and activities.
· Performs monitoring of security events.
· Performs investigations from logs and monitoring activities.
· Provide reports and requests to audits as assigned.
· Gather required metrics and reports
· Assist with Security tool evaluations and implementation.
· Perform daily tool management and checklists as assigned
· Handle Escalations from IT Specialists.
· Perform on-call responsibilities as required.
· Adhere to all safety and health rules and regulations associated with this position and as directed by supervisor.
· Comply and follow all procedures within the company security policy.
· Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science or Management of Information Systems
· 3 – 5 years equivalent external work experience or equivalent formal training in related duties.
· 1-2 years experience in IT and 1-2 years experience in the security field.
· Security technology and tools experience required.
· One or more of the following or similar certifications is preferred: CCNA, MCSE, Security +, or security tool certification.
· Ability to work additional hours and shift work as needed.
Ability to read and comprehend simple instructions, short correspondence, and memos. Ability to write simple correspondence. Ability to effectively present information in one-on-one and small group situations to customers, clients, and other employees of the organization.
Individual will be required to use computer keyboards or other equipment for extended periods of time. Individual may be required to sit or stand for extended periods of time. Specific vision abilities required for this job include close vision for reading and studying technical materials and use of computer monitor screens a great deal of the time. Specific physical abilities required by the job may include walking, reaching carrying and lifting up to 25 lbs, with some occasional lifting up to 50lbs.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Individual’s primary workstation is located in the office area, with some time spent on the manufacturing floor. The noise level in the work environment ranges from low to moderate.