Descripción del Trabajo
At Jabil we strive to make ANYTHING POSSIBLE and EVERYTHING BETTER. With over 260,000 diverse, talented and dedicated employees across 100 locations in 30 countries, our vision is to be the most technologically advanced and trusted manufacturing solutions provider. We combine an unmatched breadth and depth of end-market experience, technical and design capabilities, manufacturing know-how, supply chain insights and global product management expertise to enable success for the world’s leading brands. We are driven by a common purpose to make a positive impact for each other, our communities, and the environment.
Opportunity Made Better Made Possible - are you ready to join the team?
SUMMARY - Plant Controller - Grantsville, UT - based Onsite (not remote)
Our Plant Controller is responsible for the administration and management of the financial and business aspects of plant operations.
IN YOUR ROLE YOU WILL
Recruitment and Retention:
· Recruit, interview and hire Finance/Accounting Staff.
· Coach Finance/Accounting staff in the interviewing/hiring process.
Employee and Team Development:
· Identify individual and team strengths and development needs on an ongoing basis.
· Create and/or validate training curriculum in area of responsibility.
· Coach and mentor Finance/Accounting staff to deliver excellence to every internal and external customer.
· Create and manage succession plans for Finance/Accounting function.
· Establish clear measurable goals and objectives by which to determine individual and team results (i.e. operational metrics, results against project timelines, training documentation, attendance records, knowledge of operational roles and responsibilities, personal development goals).
· Solicit ongoing feedback from Business Unit, peers and team member on team member’s contribution to the team. Provide ongoing coaching and counseling to team member based on feedback.
· Perform team member evaluations professionally and on time.
· Drive individuals and the team to continuously improve in key operational metrics and the achievement of the organizational goals.
· Provide weekly communication forum for the exchange of ideas and information with the department.
· Ask questions; encourage input from staff.
· Assess communication style of individual team members and adapt own communication style accordingly.
· Assure that procedures and work instructions are efficient and not redundant.
Business Strategy and Direction:
· Define, develop and implement an Accounting strategy which contributes to the campus strategic directions.
· Develop an understanding of the workcell business strategy as it pertains to Finance.
· Provide regular updates to Business Unit on the execution of the strategy.
· Drive continuous improvement through trend reporting analysis and metrics management.
· Identify creative ways to reduce cost by streamlining processes and systems (i.e. modification of responsibilities or consolidation of tasks, elimination of non-value-added processes, or complete re-engineering of processes and systems).
· Utilize tools to monitor departmental cost and cost trends, striving continuously to improve value.
Forecast Development and Accuracy:
· Prepare timely forecasts for the department.
· Compare forward forecast results to historical actual results for trend assessment and analysis.
EDUCATION & EXPERIENCE REQUIREMENTS
- Bachelor’s Degree required, in Accounting, Finance or Business Management preferred.
- 5+ years experience in manufacturing accounting, CPA preferred.
- 2+ years experience in a supervisory or management role within an accounting department.
Job will be located in Grantsville, UT just outside Salt lake City.This job cannot be performed remotely in the state of Colorado.