At Jabil we strive to make ANYTHING POSSIBLE and EVERYTHING BETTER. With over 260,000 diverse, talented and dedicated employees across 100 locations in 30 countries, our vision is to be the most technologically advanced and trusted manufacturing solutions provider. We combine an unmatched breadth and depth of end-market experience, technical and design capabilities, manufacturing know-how, supply chain insights and global product management expertise to enable success for the world’s leading brands. We are driven by a common purpose to make a positive impact for each other, our communities, and the environment.
Descripción del Trabajo
To be able to set-up, operate and maintain a complex process machines and equipment focused on continuous improvement.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
· This role must be viewed as operationally focused working closely with the Test and Quality Engineers and technicians in tandem with the Manufacturing Shift Lead to drive process optimization, improvement and execution to plan.
· The Induistrial Engineering technician shall support the Manufacturing Engineers and Machine Support Engineers coordinating day to day activities in support of the manufacturing plan.
· Display expert knowledge of the process equipment and machines.
· Drive efficiencies in current technical systems.
· Support the Engineering Manager in the evaluation and equipment needs for today and future needs.
· Undertake technology benchmarking and drive” best in class” engineering solutions.
· Agree clear performance metrics.
· Review performance metrics and progress continuously.
· Identify training / development needs on an ongoing basis.
· Agree individual development plans.
· May perform other duties and responsibilities as assigned.
Team Performance Management:
· Drive a mindset of innovation and continuous improvement throughout the Induistrial Engineering technician function.
· Drive motivation levels within the Induistrial Engineering technician function.
· Support Business Development through assessing the needs of potential customers in conjunction with the Engineering Manager and Engineering Leads.
· Provide expert problem solving and customer focused support to individual businesses.
Proactively identify internal customer needs.
· Drive “internal customer focus” mindset within Engineering teams.
· Effectively cascade functional / business information and expectations.
· Drive continuous improvement in areas of cost, quality and delivery.
· Analyse and prioritise areas for Manufacturing Engineering improvement e.g. machine uptime, efficiency improvements.
· Create a continuous improvement culture throughout the Manufacturing Engineering team with proactive presence online focusing on key improvement areas.
· Create vehicle to support multi-disciplined teams at all organizational levels to drive proactive involvement in continuous improvement initiatives.
· Work with engineering disciplines and manufacturing to establish service level agreements.
· Drive as key focus both the site and global objectives through Focus, commit deliver and Lean deployment.
· Attend and lead in key JOS meetings in particular TIC and QIC.
· May perform other duties and responsibilities as assigned.
· Ability to effectively present information and respond to questions from groups of managers, clients, customers, and the general public.
· Ability to define problems, collect data, establish facts, and draw valid conclusions.
· Ability to operate a personal computer including using a Windows based operating system and related software.
· Advanced PC skills, including training and knowledge of Jabil’s software packages.
· Ability to write simple correspondence. Read and understand visual aid.
· Ability to add, subtract, multiply, and divide in all units of measure, using whole numbers, common fractions, and decimals.
· Ability to compute rate, ratio, and percent and to draw and interpret graphs.
Jabil, including its subsidiaries, is an equal opportunity employer and considers qualified applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identify, age, disability, genetic information, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
hand on of set-up, operate and maintain complex process equipment; adhesive application, presses, pre bend process, optic alignment machines
BE AWARE OF FRAUD: When applying for a job at Jabil you will be contacted via correspondence through our official job portal with a jabil.com e-mail address; direct phone call from a member of the Jabil team; or direct e-mail with a jabil.com e-mail address. Jabil does not request payments for interviews or at any other point during the hiring process. Jabil will not ask for your personal identifying information such as a social security number, birth certificate, financial institution, driver’s license number or passport information over the phone or via e-mail. If you believe you are a victim of identity theft, contact the Federal Bureau of Investigations internet crime hotline (www.ic3.gov), the Federal Trade Commission identity theft hotline (www.identitytheft.gov) and/or your local police department. Any scam job listings should be reported to whatever website it was posted in.
The hourly pay range for this role is $22.21 - $42.19. Job-related, non-discriminatory factors used to determine the actual offered rate include qualifications and experience, education (if requirement noted above), geographic location, external market data, and consideration of internal equity.
As part of the total rewards package, this position is eligible for a short-term incentive based on performance. In addition, Jabil offers benefits to enhance your health, wealth, and resilient self. These include medical, dental, and vision insurance plans; paid time off accruing at a rate of 3.07 hours during your first year of employment; 4 weeks of paid parental leave; in 2023, 10 company-paid holidays (8 fixed holidays and 2 optional floating holidays), subject to change yearly; 401(k) retirement plan; and employee stock purchase plan.