Descripción del Trabajo
Direct Failure Analysis Engineers in operating within area of assigned responsibilities with a high level of efficiency, integrity and enthusiasm, striving to achieve excellence in all endeavors. Responsible for investigating and reducing component failures at electrical test through prompt, aggressive root cause analysis and effective corrective actions.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
TECHNICAL MANAGEMENT RESPONSIBILITIES
· Improve component quality of non-conforming products by establishing failure analysis and obtaining corrective action from suppliers.
· Interact with various departments (Quality, Purchasing, Manufacturing) to resolve/improve component issues.
· Monitor components reject levels and respond to issues accordingly.
· Report technical information concerning component failures to various team members and customer.
· Reclaim revenue of rejected components via return of defective product.
· Implement proactive measures that will foster productivity and higher product yields while reducing economic loss.
· Respond to production line part problems immediately and address boards on component hold.
· Monitor the storage of moisture sensitive components in dry pack and nitrogen cases; shock sensitive devices.
· Follow ESD procedures at all times.
· Speak with customer engineering personnel in a professional and effective manner.
· Adhere to all safety and health rules and regulations associated with this position and as directed by supervisor.
· Comply and follow all procedures within the company security policy.
LEADERSHIP AND MANAGEMENT RESPONSIBILITIES (if applicable)
Recruitment and Retention:
· Recruit and interview Failure Analysis Engineers and Technicians.
· Communicate criteria to recruiters for Failure Analysis Engineer and Technician position candidates.
· Coach Failure Analysis Engineers in the interviewing/hiring process.
· Monitor team member turnover; identify key factors that can be improved; make improvements.
Employee and Team Development:
· Identify individual and team strengths and development needs on an ongoing basis.
· Create and/or validate training curriculum in area of responsibility.
· Coach and mentor Failure Analysis Engineering staff to deliver excellence to every internal and external customer.
· Establish clear measurable goals and objectives by which to determine individual and team results (i.e. operational metrics, results against project timelines, training documentation, attendance records, knowledge of operational roles and responsibilities, personal development goals).
· Solicit ongoing feedback from Test Engineering Manager, Workcell Manager (WCM), Business Unit Manager (BUM), peers and team member on team member’s contribution to the Workcell team. Provide ongoing coaching and counseling to team member based on feedback.
· Express pride in staff and encourage them to feel good about their accomplishments.
· Perform team member evaluations professionally and on time.
· Drive individuals and the team to continuously improve in key operational metrics and the achievement of the organizational
· Coordinate activities of large teams and keep them focused in times of crises.
· Ensure recognition and rewards are managed fairly and consistently in area of responsibility.
· Provide communication forum for the exchange of ideas and information with the department.
· Organize verbal and written ideas clearly and use an appropriate business style.
· Ask questions; encourage input from team members.
· Assess communication style of individual team members and adapt own communication style accordingly.
FUNCTIONAL MANAGEMENT RESPONSIBILITIES (if applicable)
Business Strategy and Direction:
· Know and understand the campus strategic directions.
· Define, develop and implement Failure Analysis Engineering strategies, which contribute to the campus strategic directions.
· Provide regular updates to Test Engineering Manager on the execution of the strategy.
· Identify creative ways to reduce cost by streamlining processes and systems (i.e. modification of responsibilities or consolidation of tasks, elimination of non-value-added processes, or complete re-engineering of processes and systems).
· Utilize tools to monitor departmental cost and cost trends, striving continuously to improve value.
· Provide feedback to Test Engineering Manager on cost and cost trends.
· May perform other duties and responsibilities as assigned.
· Ability to read, analyze, interpret and communicate regarding common scientific and/or technical journals, financial reports, and legal documents.
· Ability to respond to common inquiries or complaints from customers, regulatory agencies, or members of the business community.
· Ability to effectively present information to top management, public groups, and/or boards of directors.
· Advanced PC skills, including training and knowledge of Jabil’s software packages.
· Ability to work with mathematical concepts such as probability and statistics, statistical inference, fundamentals of plane and solid geometry and trigonometry, understanding of partial differential equations, integration, and numerical techniques.
· Expertise in applying concepts such as fractions, percentages, ratios, and proportions to practical situations.
· Ability to solve practical problems and deal with a variety of concrete variables in situations where only limited standardization exists.
· Ability to interpret a variety of instructions furnished in written, oral, diagram, or schedule form.
· Ability to collect data, establish facts, and draw valid conclusions. Proven ability to interpret an extensive variety of technical instructions in mathematical or diagram form and effectively deal with several abstract and concrete variables.