Descripción del Trabajo
The purpose of the position is to assist in the overall management of Automation Design initiatives. The Automation Engineer Manager will be responsible for planning, designing, implementing, and managing. Manages and oversees various automation engineering projects, and staff. Position acts as liaison to site, and customers for project requirements, specification, plan and installation. Position ensures stipulated specification and requirements are met, and delivered within budget and on time. Position garners team contributions in the execution and implementation of project goals.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Manages automation projects to meet delivery timeline and meets CAPEX-ed budget. ( int/ext )
- Establish and clearly communicate all global and regional Automation strategies to the department
- Build up and manage Projects through his organization
- Liaise with site / customers on project requirement, specification, and time line
- Leads the team to review, understand and interpret requirements/specification correctly and transform all of these into design
- Coach, mentor and train all engineers with the Automation department
- Reviews all quotes prepared on internal quote system
- Report and drive improvement within the site through the monitoring of the key Automation metrics, ensure project deadline is met
- Ensure all engineering times are logged into tracking systems and corresponds to projects
- Recruit and retain the Automation talents within the site
- May perform other duties and responsibilities as assigned.
MANAGEMENT & SUPERVISORY RESPONSIBILITIES
- Reports to the Technical Operations Manager. Direct supervisor job title(s) typically include: Technical Operations Manager and/or Engineering Director or Operations Director.
- Job is directly responsible for managing other employees (e.g., hiring/termination and/or pay decisions, performance management). Job title example(s) of employees directly supervised: Automation Project Engineers, Automation Engineers and similar functions belong to the Autonomous Automation Team
- Knowledge of electronics industries processes.
- Expert knowledge and skill in project management.
- Advanced knowledge of EMS industries.
- Advanced knowledge of automation design and installation.
EDUCATION & EXPERIENCE REQUIREMENTS
- B.Sc. in Mechanical or Electronics/Electrical Engineering/Mechatronics
- Minimum 6-8 years of working experiences in project management for automation equipment or Manufacturing Engineering/Equipments environment
- Or an equivalent combination of education, training or experience.