Descripción del Trabajo
The Project Manager will lead projects at the Vancouver site related to product development and manufacturing activities for next generation consumer electronics products. You will lead project management planning and execution to create detailed project plans and ensure team execution tracks to schedule, quality, and cost goals.
For assigned areas, leads customer engagement and Jabil teams coordinating work across engineering, supply chain, operations, and other functions both at the Vancouver location and global support teams. Provides accountability for project management plan, communications, issue, risk, and schedule management, budgets, and overall team performance to meet assigned program objectives. Supports program office projects to improve overall team and portfolio performance.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Accountable for success of assigned projects
- Organize activities to develop detailed program scope, schedule, cost, and quality delivery plans
- Collaboratively create detailed project plans working across customer and Jabil cross-functional teams
- Align team on target standards and procedures driving activities consistently to meet high quality of work for program deliverables
- Create high quality, regular communication between teams and with Jabil and customer management.
- Understand and exceed customer (internal or external) needs and expectations.
- Adhere to all safety and health rules and regulations associated with this position and as directed by supervisor.
- Comply and follow all procedures within the company security policy.
- May perform other duties and responsibilities as assigned.
Lead items such as
- Creating and updating detailed schedules by soliciting input and guiding team members to outline key dependencies and highest risk items.
- Preparing Jabil team for and leading meetings ensuring productive time use and value to the projects through prioritized actions and follow-up.
- Monitoring actual status through work in the manufacturing area with hands on help for the team to engage needed supporting for issue resolution.
- Accurate and timeline status updates to the program management team
- Issue and Risk Identification and Response
- Maintaining Positive, Agile Project Team Capability
- Great Project Management and people leadership capabilities, Project Management certification preferred.
- Ability to understand, execute to and tailor as appropriate operating policies and procedures
- Proficiency in use of scheduling programs, Microsoft Office (Teams, Excel, Word and PowerPoint), Google suite and other data management and communication tools
- Experience in consumer electronics product development and project delivery into manufacturing including leading customer interactions
- Strong operational and technical knowledge required
- Organize verbal and written ideas clearly and use an appropriate business style
- Ability to effectively present information to management and/or customer personnel.
- Responds in a timely fashion to inquiries.
- Person should have the following personal characteristics: strong leader, professional, detail-oriented, reliable, calm under fire, creative, with a positive attitude.
EDUCATION & EXPERIENCE REQUIREMENTS
- Bachelor’s degree required; technical degree preferred
- Minimum 3 years work-related experience required leading technical product development and manufacturing projects
- Project Management Professional (PMP) certification or equivalent preferred
- Or an equivalent combination of education, training and/or experience
- Language Preference: English, Chinese, and Polish.