Descripción del Trabajo
Enhance the capabilities of the Quality Assurance Department by providing expert administrative and technical support as directed by the department. Act as the group leader for the OBA team and assist OBA Supervisor in administrative duties. Act as the eyes of the customer by performing audits on product at OBA or Pre-Ship stage to detect and drive actions on defects that escape the manufacturing process.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES include the following. Other duties may be assigned.
· Control the organization, movement and integrity of the lots as they move through the OBA process prior to shipment.
· Transport boards to and from backend of lines and the OBA area. Large box and tote weight 25-28 lbs. Large board weight 8-12 lbs.
· Must have a working accurate interpretation of Jabil workmanship standards and systems integration.
· Knowledge of visuals, packaging and testing requirements.
· Familiarity with redlines, process alerts, deviations and EC changes.
· Knowledge of inspection practices, including special customer requirements.
· Select, identify, scan and visually inspect samples based on lot size.
· Daily completion of all OBA paperwork; daily logs, sort sheets, lot numbers and certificates of compliance.
· Provide and assist in the hands on training and problem solving of new inspectors and other floor personnel.
· Knowledge of the MES system, enter pass/fail data for each lot.
· Initiate internal corrective action reports in the CAR database and distribute to the appropriate workcell team for action.
· Be proactive by asking questions and to encourage input from team members daily.
· Review all relevant policies and procedures issued to and from the OBA team. Make sure the appropriate employees read them, understand them and adhere to them.
· Help develop any special inspection process that is needed to focus on current customer needs. Also instruct current staffing with any deviation to the OBA inspectors I or II position due to customer short term special requests.
· Motivate and challenge all OBA team members to perform to their full potential through direct and timely formal and informal feedback.
· Strive for continuous improvements in all areas of responsibility.
· Notify OBA Supervisor immediately regarding all employee problems, concerns and recommendations.
· Coordinate with planning to insure proper staffing is scheduled per week, per weekend and per holidays.
· Create and monitor Kronos schedules to be reviewed and signed off by the OBA Supervisor at the end of the pay period.
· Assist OBA Supervisor in conducting training for all new hires into the OBA Department.
· Inform or instruct employees of any deviations to the OBA inspector’s position due to customer needs.
· Become proficient and certified in all areas required to help support, train and backfill when needed for the OBA Inspector I or OBA Inspector II.
· Knowledge of our internal inspection practices, including but not limited to special customer requirements such as supporting source inspectors, process audits improvement plans, trend analysis and will be required to attend at least 1 CAC meeting per week. Attendance maybe raised or lowered due to customer needs.
· Adhere to all safety and health rules and regulations associated with this position and as directed by supervisor.
· Comply and follow all procedures within the company security policy.
EDUCATION & EXPERIENCE REQUIREMENTS
High school diploma or equivalent required; Typically requires 2 – 4 years of related experience.