Descripción del Trabajo
At Jabil we strive to make ANYTHING POSSIBLE and EVERYTHING BETTER. With over 260,000 diverse, talented and dedicated employees across 100 locations in 30 countries, our vision is to be the most technologically advanced and trusted manufacturing solutions provider. We combine an unmatched breadth and depth of end-market experience, technical and design capabilities, manufacturing know-how, supply chain insights and global product management expertise to enable success for the world’s leading brands. We are driven by a common purpose to make a positive impact for each other, our communities, and the environment.
Opportunity Made Better Made Possible - are you ready to join the team?
Our Senior Business Development Manager, Photonics is responsible for winning new business and expanding the existing business for Design and Manufacturing of Optical Modules and Subsystems.
Jabil Photonics (formerly Jabil AOC Technologies) is a business unit of Jabil and a leading provider of comprehensive optical communication solutions with end-to-end optical design, manufacturing and advanced optical packaging capabilities. These capabilities run across a full line of discrete optical components, integrated modules and complex fiber-based boards.
In your role you will:
Sales and New Business Unit Support
· Assist in targeting customers and industries appropriate for Jabil.
· Establish customer contacts at the appropriate levels.
· Support business development activities: quotes, customer visits, etc.
· Monitor customer/product transfers & site expansion.
· Develop and maintain expertise in specific industry sector.
· Develop specific plans for each factory together with business units, sales team and operations.
· Develop current and future business expectations and drive within organization.
· Lead and participate in quarterly reviews at each site.
· Keep corporate management informed of changing market conditions within region.
· Clearly understand all operational elements of Jabil’s Business.
· Provide innovative global solutions to customer needs.
· Provide and encourage competitive information feedback on submitted customer quotes.
Review Customer Documentation
· Business plans, manufacturing agreements and contracts.
· PO terms and conditions, LOA’s and LOI’s, etc.
· Provide guidance in contract negotiation.
· Monitor customer satisfaction, service awards and workcell achievements.
Operational Guidance and Input
· Assess, Guide and Advise On Plant Loading and Capacity Conflicts.
· Provide Input On Manufacturing Requirements.
· Ability to read, analyze, interpret and communicate regarding common scientific and/or technical journals, financial reports, and legal documents.
· Ability to respond to common inquiries or complaints from customers, regulatory agencies, or members of the business community.
· Ability to effectively present information to top management, public groups, and/or boards of directors.
· Strong knowledge of global and regional logistics operations and industry.
· Strong proficiency in determining logistics requirements to enable company’s business goals and objectives with ability to devise and implement strategy to achieve targets.
· Strong financial and analytical ability. Proficiency in managing business analytics to determine optimum company footprint.
· Strong knowledge of international direct and indirect taxes as well as global customs regimes.
Education & Experience Requirements:
· Bachelor's Degree required.
· 5+ years experience in sales, business development and/or technical marketing in the optical and/or telecommunications industry.
· Willingness to travel as required up to 50%.