Descripción del Trabajo
Oversee all aspects of accounts payable activities and coordinate the processing of invoices submitted for payment; will have direct supervisory responsibility for a staff that processes invoices averaging 8,000 plus per month. Reviews vendor account reconciliations and ensures problems are resolved.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
LEADERSHIP AND MANAGEMENT RESPONSIBILITIES
Recruitment and Retention:
· Recruit, interview and hire accounts payable clerks
· Communicate criteria to recruiters for candidates.
· Coach department staff in the interviewing/hiring process.
· Monitor team member turnover; identify key factors that can be improved; make improvements.
Employee and Team Development:
· Identify individual and team strengths and development needs on an ongoing basis.
· Create and/or validate training curriculum in area of responsibility.
· Coach and mentor accounts payable staff to deliver excellence to every internal and external customer.
· Establish clear measurable goals and objectives by which to determine individual and team results (i.e. operational metrics, results against project timelines, training documentation, attendance records, knowledge of operational roles and responsibilities, personal development goals).
· Solicit ongoing feedback from peers and team member. Provide ongoing coaching and counseling to team member based on feedback.
· Express pride in staff and encourage them to feel good about their accomplishments.
· Perform team member evaluations professionally and on time.
· Drive individuals and the team to continuously improve in key operational metrics and the achievement of the organizational goals.
· Coordinate activities of team and keep them focused.
· Ensure recognition and rewards are managed fairly and consistently in area of responsibility.
· Provide communication forum for the exchange of ideas and information with the department.
· Organize verbal and written ideas clearly and use an appropriate business style.
· Ask questions; encourage input from team members.
· Assess communication style of individual team members and adapt own communication style accordingly.
TECHNICAL MANAGEMENT RESPONSIBILITIES
· Supervise the processing of vendor invoices to purchase orders; matching receivers with invoices; entering invoices into SAP and processing checks to pay expenses.
· Review the processing of returns for inventory and MRO items, research negative receipts on GRIR, vendors with a debit balance, research returns not processed and review vendor credit memos.
· Complete auditor confirmations, certificate of resale, and credit references.
· Answer questions from accounts payable clerks and assist clerks with vendor account reconciliation as needed.
· Audit random selection of invoices by AP Clerks for proper support and correct matching to receipt.
· Review check run payment proposals and prepare required control documentation.
· Maintain month end reports which aid in accurately reporting Jabil’s financial standing.
· Ensure proper general ledger coding and enter invoices to system and schedule payments within established parameters.
· Respond to vendor inquiries on the status of accounts payable.
· Prepare 1099 forms on an annual basis.
· Settle vendor consignment activity on a weekly basis and post adjustments to settlements as required.
· Prepare and file monthly sales and use tax return.
· Ensure compliance with Florida sales and use tax laws and regulations.
· Assist with the identification, design and implementation of process improvements.
· Provide overall support of Finance Department.
· Adhere to all safety and health rules and regulations associated with this position and as directed by supervisor.
· Comply and follow all procedures within the company security policy.
· May perform other duties and responsibilities as assigned.
· Strong knowledge of global and regional logistics operations and industry.
· Strong proficiency in determining logistics requirements to enable company’s business goals and objectives with ability to devise and implement strategy to achieve targets.
· Strong financial and analytical ability. Proficiency in managing business analytics to determine optimum company footprint.
· Strong knowledge of international direct and indirect taxes as well as global customs regimes.
· Proven track record of successful change management accomplishments, implementing and management continuous productivity and cost reduction programs.
· Strong and convincing communication skills.
· Proficiency in use of personal computers, Microsoft Office products (Excel, Word and PowerPoint) and e-mail skills required.
EDUCATION & EXPERIENCE REQUIREMENTS
· High School Diploma.
· Three years AP supervisory experience.
· Bachelor’s degree in business, accounting or finance and SAP experience preferred.
· Or a combination of education, experience and/or training.