Descripción del Trabajo
Leads large and/or complex engineering projects from initiation through to completion. Coordinates project planning, staffing, progress reporting, people management and troubleshooting for engineering projects. Ensures project results meet requirements regarding technical quality, reliability, schedule and cost.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
· Explores market and defines future startegy for inspection technology of new product introductions
· Leads the implementation of methods and technology for inspection of medical device products in context of new product introduction, from selection of adequate inspection technology based on product and quality requirements to the introduction, validation and production readiness of selected equipments
· Leads the implementation of complex and/or large engineering projects, understanding and driving regulatory and compliance certifications as appropriate (eg. regulatory requirements surrounding ISO9000, ISO14000, AS9100, TUV).
· Participates and may lead product or manufacturing development meetings, making recommendations for change.
· In conjunction with project, implements best practices for equipment/manufacturing layout for maximum efficiency and cycle time optimization.
· Leads complex projects relating to new technical developments and processes.
· Controls project budget.
· Provides engineered solutions to complex equipment problems
· Delivers quotes for projects including new equipment costs, labor, maintenance costs, etc.
· Drive continuous improvement and optimization utilizing proactive methodologies and trend analysis.
· Assess the adequacy of data gathering methods utilized by the teams.
· During project implementation, leads the preparation, monitoring and evaluation of equipment set-ups, manufacturing layout, and process changes and/or corrective actions.
· Assesses manufacturing and engineering capabilities; identifying and suggesting solutions for any immediate need or enhancements.
· Provide ongoing direction and training on process development, root cause analysis and systematic problem solving.
· Drives proactive participation with suppliers and (when possible) aid in their process improvement efforts.
· Interface and provide technical support on quality issues with the customer as needed.
· Assist Design Engineers with Design for Manufacture issues.
· Knowledge of Jabil operating policies and procedures required
· Knowledge and experience of engineering in manufacturing environment
· Fluency in German and English
EDUCATION & EXPERIENCE REQUIREMENTS
· Bachelor’s degree in an engineering discipline required.
· Project Management Professional (PMP) or equivalent certification preferred
· Minimum 6-8 years work-related experience required in engineering or project management related discipline.
· Experience with inspection technology and implementation of inspection equipment, process set upand validation, preferably in regulated environment, such as med tech
· Or an equivalent combination of education, training and/or experience.