Descripción del Trabajo
Are you a new college graduate looking to start your engineering career or an experienced test engineer looking to take your career to the next level? Do you enjoy being involved in different projects and using creative thinking to solve complex problems? Jabil is seeking a Test Engineer for our facility in Irvine, CA. With limited supervision, you will be designing, developing, and maintaining test procedures, tester hardware and software for electronic circuit board production. You will get to work with cross functional peers on projects involving different customers. This position will work onsite. Relocation available. Open to entry level and experienced test engineer candidates!
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Review circuit board designs for testability requirements.
- Support manufacturing with failure analysis, tester debugging, reduction of intermittent failures and downtime of test equipment.
- Prepare recommendations for testing and documentation of procedures to be used from the product design phase through to initial production.
- Generate reports and analysis of test data, prepares documentation and recommendations.
- Review test equipment designs, data and RMA issues with customers regularly.
- Design and lead engineering and technical personnel in fabrication of testing and test control apparatus and equipment.
- Direct and coordinate engineering activities concerned with development, procurement, installation, and calibration of instruments, equipment, and control devices required to test, record, and reduce test data.
- Determine conditions under which tests are to be conducted and sequences and phases of test operations.
- Direct and exercise control over operational, functional, and performance phases of tests.
- Perform moderately complex assignments of the engineering test function for standard and/or custom devices.
- Analyze and interpret test data and prepares technical reports for use by test engineering and management personnel.
- Develop or use computer software and hardware to conduct tests on machinery and equipment.
- Perform semi-routine technique development and maintenance, subject to established Jabil standards, including ISO and QS development standards.
- Provide training in new procedures to production testing staff.
- Adhere to all safety and health rules and regulations associated with this position and as directed by supervisor.
- Comply and follow all procedures within the company security policy.
- Bachelor of Science in Electronics, Electrical Engineering, Computer Science or related discipline
- 0 to 2 years of experience in engineering preferably in a manufacturing related industry
- Experience with scripting languages or Linux, or Jabil test a plus
- Ability to do PCBA troubleshooting highly desired
- Ability to understand schematics
- Contribute to development of DOE's and data gathering to resolve ongoing failure trends
- Ability to understand test scripts and make modifications as needed,
- Ability to solve random failures by interrogation of test logs/ software / physical measurement / visual identification, define implement and perform tester PM
- Project management skills
BENEFITS WITH JABIL
Along with growth, stability, and the opportunity to be challenged, Jabil offers a competitive benefit package that includes:
- Medical, Dental, and Vision Plans with HRA and HSA options
- Employee Stock Purchase Plans
- Time off
- Tuition Reimbursement
- Pet Insurance
- Adoption Assistance
- Annual Merit Increases
- Community Volunteer Opportunities
Ability to read, analyze, and interpret general business periodicals, professional journals, technical procedures, or governmental regulations. Ability to write reports, business correspondence, and procedure manuals. Ability to effectively present information and respond to questions from groups of managers, clients, customers, and the general public.
Ability to work with mathematical concepts such as probability and statistical inference, and fundamentals of plane and solid geometry and trigonometry. Ability to apply concepts such as fractions, percentages, ratios, and proportions to practical situations.
Ability to define problems, collect data, establish facts, and draw valid conclusions. Ability to interpret an extensive variety of technical instructions in mathematical or diagram form and deal with several abstract and concrete variables.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. The employee is frequently required to walk, and to lift and carry PC’s and test equipment weighing up to 50 lbs. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision and use of computer monitor screens a great deal of time.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Individual’s primary workstation is located in the office area, with some time spent each day on the manufacturing floor. The noise level in this environment ranges from low to moderate.
Experience with scripting languages or Linux, or Jabil test, ability to understand schematics, contribute to development of DOE's and data gathering to resolve ongoing failure trends, ability to understand test scripts and make modifications as needed, has the skills needed to solve random failures by interrogation of test logs/ software / physical measurement / visual identification, define implement and perform tester PM