At Jabil we strive to make ANYTHING POSSIBLE and EVERYTHING BETTER. With over 260,000 diverse, talented and dedicated employees across 100 locations in 30 countries, our vision is to be the most technologically advanced and trusted manufacturing solutions provider. We combine an unmatched breadth and depth of end-market experience, technical and design capabilities, manufacturing know-how, supply chain insights and global product management expertise to enable success for the world’s leading brands. We are driven by a common purpose to make a positive impact for each other, our communities, and the environment.
Descripción del Trabajo
Lead Test Development technical positions all require similar types of activities, but the required level of technical expertise increases with the higher level positions. A Lead Test Development Engineer is required to be able to perform medium to high complexity engineering work. The types of work performed include development of test solution quotes, development of test solutions, test crisis support and continuous improvement of core competency. The lead engineer is expected to lead smaller teams of engineers and/or technicians in driving a project from concept to completion. The lead engineer is expected to work directly with the team’s project managers in interfacing with the customers on a daily basis providing project status, identifying risks earlier and providing mitigation or contingency plans.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
· Typically receives project-level direction from the project manager and the group manager
· Typically assigned to develop lead projects, architect solutions, test specifications and test solutions of medium to high complexity
· Test solution development tasks are done according to budget and schedule commitments from the test solution quotes
· The tasks comprising a test solution development may include, but are not limited to, Design for Test (DFT), design, assembly, debug, validation, deployment, and emergency support of electrical hardware, mechanical hardware, optical hardware and software.
· Electrical hardware typically includes, but is not limited to:
o Storage, Servers, GPIB, USB and RS-232 controlled equipment
o PXI and LXI based test equipment
o Design of custom circuitry implemented in custom circuit boards and cables
· Mechanical hardware typically includes, but is not limited to:
o Environmental Stress Screening (ESS) chamber racks
o Bench-test setups
o 19” equipment racks
o Custom automated high-throughput fixtures with probe fields, and top, bottom, and side mounted pneumatically actuated modules.
· Software and compilers typically includes, but is not limited to:
o Lab Windows/CVI, Lab View and Test Stand
o C#, ANSI C and Visual C++
o Visual Basic
o Assembly for Motorola and Intel microcontrollers and microprocessors
o HTML, PERL, ASP and custom scripting languages.
o Software for Agilent 3070, GenRad ICT and other MDA platforms
· Test development sites develop solutions for several test processes including, but not limited to:
o In-Circuit test (ICT) and Manufacturing Defect Analyzer (MDA)
o Boundary Scan/ JTAG
o Board-level functional test
o System test
· The process of developing test solutions includes, but is not limited to:
o Test development (OrCAD, AutoCAD, FabMaster and other software development tools listed above)
o Project tracking (action items, journals, time entry, milestones, and deliverables checklists)
o Test solution design guidelines (global fixture specification, schematic design requirements)
o Design reviews (Initial and post-installation)
o Documentation package templates (test specification, BOM’s, tester validation, etc…)
· Test solution quotes typically include, but are not limited to:
o Price and schedule commitment
o Hardware, Software and Documentation package description
o Specification of tester validation criteria and required customer deliverables.
· The process of developing test solution quotes includes, but is not limited to:
o Use of the automated quote system and quote tools.
o Completion of quotes on-schedule
· Comply and follow all procedures within the company security policy.
· May perform other duties and responsibilities as assigned.
- Typically reports to Management. Direct supervisor job title(s) typically include: Test Development Manager/Technical Program Manager/Project Engineer.
- Proficiency in use of personal computers, Microsoft Office products (Excel, Word and Powerpoint) and e-mail skills required.
- Thorough knowledge and in-depth field experience regarding emerging or job technologies required to fulfill the job
- Strong communications and customer service skills
- Ability to interpret a variety of instructions furnished in written, oral, diagram or schedule form.
- Ability to effectively present information in one-on-one and small group situations to customers, clients, and other employees of the organization.
- Understands Manufacturing Test Strategy and demonstrates proficiency in more than one area of test development.
- Broad knowledge of Test Development areas including structural and functional test, development of Manufacturing Test Specifications and Design For Test Analysis.
- Extensive amount of hands-on practical knowledge in a test development environment.
- Strong appreciation and understanding of relevant industry standards and specifications.
- Demonstrated ability to consistently provide innovative manufacturing test solutions.
- Recognized ability to write, create presentations, speak, and to effectively represent Test Development to other Jabil groups, external customers, and technology peer groups in the industry.
- Must maintain up-to-date knowledge in deployable test technologies as a continuous improvement of core competency.
EDUCATION & EXPERIENCE REQUIREMENTS
- Bachelor's Degree required. Masters Degree preferred.
- Degree in Electrical or Computer Engineering preferred.
- 8 to 10 years work-related experience required.
- Or an equivalent combination of education, training or experience.
- Travel requirements: Domestic and/or Global, up to 25%
Jabil, including its subsidiaries, is an equal opportunity employer and considers qualified applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identify, age, disability, genetic information, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
This role is stationary to be located in Wroclaw, Poland with a possibility of some degree of hybrid working
BE AWARE OF FRAUD: When applying for a job at Jabil you will be contacted via correspondence through our official job portal with a jabil.com e-mail address; direct phone call from a member of the Jabil team; or direct e-mail with a jabil.com e-mail address. Jabil does not request payments for interviews or at any other point during the hiring process. Jabil will not ask for your personal identifying information such as a social security number, birth certificate, financial institution, driver’s license number or passport information over the phone or via e-mail. If you believe you are a victim of identity theft, contact your local police department. Any scam job listings should be reported to whatever website it was posted in.